Chapter 20

I roll my eyes as Scott struggles to figure out how on earth he is going to get Allison's necklace. I push open the door and pull on the strap of my bag. I look at the confused boy, who reminded me a lot of a lost puppy right now.

"This is gonna be impossible, you know." I say.

"Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles asks.

"How?" Scott asks, actually sounding like he thinks Stiles has a good idea.

I laugh to myself, and the Scott's head snaps in my direction, muttering a what.

"Well that's going to be easy." I laugh a bit harder speaking with only sarcasm, "You just say something like 'Hey, Allison, can I borrow your family necklace to see if it can lead us to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to date you again?'"

"You're not helping." Scott says dryly.

"I never said I was helping." I retort.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" Stiles asks.

Scott throws his arms around dramatically and I swerve away from him so I don't get hit. Causing me to fall into Stiles' side.

"She won't talk to me."

"Next time try harder to hit me." I remark.

Scott eyes me with a stern glare, but still chokes out an I'm sorry, which I appreciated with a nod.

Scott resumes talking about the necklace, "What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?"

We all stop and face each other in the hallway as people walk by. I think its pretty stupid of us to have conversations like this in such public places.

But I guess everyone else is to oblivious and self absorbed to notice us.

"That's why you ease-" Stiles says, "that's why you ease back into it, okay?"

I notice a look on Scott's face as he stares off into space. I roll my eyes because I know exactly what he's thinking about, but Stiles hasn't noticed yet.

"Get back on the good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace." Stiles then notices the look on his face and smacks him on the shoulder, "You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"

Scott mumbles a yeah, while Stiles and I share an annoyed look.

"All right, stay focused, okay? Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison. In that order. Got it?" Stiles says to him before walking off with me.

Stiles put his arms over my shoulder and took me to his locker. I leaned against it as he struggles to open his locker.

"Do you think he'll be able to pull this off?" He asks, grabbing his books out of his locker.

I laugh and push my head against the locker, smiling at Stiles, "Not a chance in hell."

He lets out a breathy laugh before nodding in agreement, "That's why I have a plan B."

"And what's that?"

I stand up straight and smirk at Stiles' mischievous look. He looks at me while shutting his locker and smiles.

"You'll find out, eventually."

"You're evil." I say.

He smirks at me and shrugs, "You'll get over it."

I roll my eyes as Stiles and I were walking together to our next class, talking about random things, that really don't make much sense, when Scott came running to us with panic written all across his face.