Chapter 16

And the shirtless picture of Scott is for your pleasure. Think of it as a thank you gift for reading.

--------

Stiles P.O.V

I lead Scott to a campsite late at night. I figured since he got dumped a few days ago, he should have some bro time.

And by bro time I mean getting drunk and being stupid.

"Where are we going?" He asks for the millionth time.

"You'll see."

"'Cause we really shouldn't be out here. My mom is in a constant state of freak out from what happened at the school."

I roll my eyes.

He has no idea of the hell I'm going through with my dad, who's the sheriff.

Thus you can see how my life is a living hell now.

"Well, your mom isn't the sheriff, okay? There's no comparison, trust me."

"Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?"

We reach a tree stump, that seems like a decent place to get drunk.

"Yes. When your best friend gets dumped - "

"I didn't get dumped. We're taking a break." He corrects.

Dumped.

"All right, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break - "

Aka getting dumped.

"You get your best friend drunk." I smile as I pull out the bottle.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I am! This is an ancient ritual practiced for years and years. It's a tradition, do you really want to destroy history?"

"Okay, one you are being really dramatic. Two I'll stay, but can we at least make a fire or something so we don't freeze to death?"

"Who's being dramatic now?" I scoff.

He raises his eyebrows at me and crosses his arms, "I know you're cold. I could probably hear your teeth chattering from a mile away."

"Just shut up and make a fire."

We made a fire inside a trash can and sat on the tree stump.

We drank for a while talking about everything.

After a while I was wasted and Scott was depressed. But I was too drunk to realize 'my get drunk with my best friend' plan wasn't working very well.

I was laying on the ground resting my head on the tree trunk.

"Dude, you know, she's just one - one girl. You know, there are so many - there are so many other girls in the sea." I slur.

"Fish in the sea." He corrects.

I look up at him funny. Why does he want to date fish?

"Fish? Why you talking about fish? I'm talking about girls. I love girls. I love 'em. I love especially ones with strawberry blond hair, green eyes, 5'3"."

"Like Lydia?"

I laugh, is he a psychic too?

"Yeah, exactly. Hey, how did you know I was talking about - about - "

Then I forgot what I was talking about.

"What was I talking about?"

I look up at him and see he looks sad.