Chapter 5

Hey everyone! I've been meaning to say thanks to everyone who has read my book! I really appreciate it. I hope you like it. You have no idea what it means to me. Hope you enjoy!

-------

I stayed up the rest of the night but Jax fell asleep. I sat on the porch steps outside still wrapped up in my blanket. I could hear shouting a few houses away. Although I heard it almost every day. Jax tells me it's not my problem but I can't help but be concerned. As I sat out there I heard howling. Like a wolf howling.

"That's not possible." I whispered to myself.

I picked my self up and went inside quickly. I went over to Jax

"Jax? I just heard a wolf howling." I whispered.

"Good for you." He mumbled back.

"But there aren't any wolves in California. Not for 60 years. What does this mean?"

"There are now wolves in California."

"Jax I'm serious."

"So am I."

I sighed. He began to lightly snore again. I rolled my eyes.

I went over to the kitchen. I pulled an apple out of the fridge and ate it as I looked at my phone. I had a bunch of missed calls from Jax, probably when he was looking for me. I put my phone down and watched TV. When morning came the sun lit up the room, making the whole room shine as if it were on fire.

I went up to my room to get ready for school today. I put on another adorable dress. It was green on the top and black on the bottom. I had black half boots and a black scarf. I put on a pocket watch that fell in the center of my chest. I had my key tucked into my dress like always. I put my hair up into a messy low bun. I put on a light colored lipstick and some mascara. As I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Derek's leather jacket draped over my desk chair and couldn't help but smile. I picked it up and put it on. It smelled like him. I picked up my book bag and walked down the stairs to where Jax was just waking up.

"Get off your lazy ass. we got to go to school!" I laughed as I spoke.

"Ok, sassy pants." He held up his hands in defense as he walked up the stairs.

I laughed and waited for a few minutes before Jax came down the stairs. I watched as he checked him self in the mirror and smoothed his hair.

"Are you done being a girl because we have to go." I said sarcastically.

"Shut up." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

When we got in the car he looked at me funny.

"What?" I asked, checking myself in the mirror to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with me.

"That's not your jacket." he said pointing to Derek's jacket.

I suppressed the smile that wanted to spread across my face.

"It's a friends jacket."

He pulled out of the driveway and started driving to the school.

"Who is this so called 'friend'?" He started to get a protective tone in his voice.

"Jax..."

"Don't Jax me, I want to know what guy has been hanging out with my sister."

Should I tell him? Jax was no match for Derek, but hopefully I could calm him down before he got any ideas.

"It's Derek's."

"Who is this Derek? And why are you hanging out with him?"

"He's Cora's older brother. He found me in the woods last night and gave me his jacket, because I was cold. I'm not hanging out with him, he just gave me a ride."