CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: WALL MARIA

ADELAIDE'S

All of us switched to ODM gear except to those rookies who are placed in the rear. They wee guarding the horses.

As I swung to mid air and reached the wall's top, I saw Shiganshina. The old city.

I looked around and saw Eren, Mikasa and Armin looked at the ruined city with awe.

"Dont stop! You get to that outer gate!" Levi reminded us. I went with Eren to help him mould the boulder he's about to create. We swung again and when Eren already transformed, I controlled his hands and shaped the hardened material he emitted to make it fit the gate's cavity.

When we succeeded, Levi and Mikasa got us to bring on top of the wall.

While the others checked if the wall seal is in tact, Levi went near me.

"Good job babe, you didnt pass out." He said. I smiled.

"Did we really pull it off the easy? How come we didnt see any titans yet?" Hange spoke. Then I remembered my dream.

Please let it not be true.

While we were on stanby, waiting for the commnander's orders, Eren talked to me through my mind.

"They're here." He said in my mind. My eyes widened.

"W-Who?

"Reiner, Bertholdt, the beast titan ans that man riding it." My breathing hitched. I went to tell Levi and Hange.

"Levi." He looked at me.

"About time you two finished talking-"

"They're here." He looked shocked too as well as Hange.

"Reiner, Bertolt and the other titan shifters." I was already panicking.

"Where are they hiding?" Levi asked. It was Eren who answered.

"Reiner's hiding in the-"

Then we saw a green smoke from where a scout was inspectioning the wall to see where someone could hide. The scout was stabbed and fell, then someone in ODM went out of the hole.

It was Reiner...

I was about to call him, trying my best to make him change his mind and side us when Levi ran.

"R-Reiner-Levi!" Levi was fast enough to run and and get close to Reiner as he could.

"Reiner!" He yelled. levi hooked his ODM in the wall and ran down to stab Reiner and he did. I gasped.

"Oh no...Reiner! Levi!"

Levi continued running down the wall when suddenly, he stopped and pulled himself upwards, letting Reiner fall.

"Captain!" Armin called him.

I have to go there.

I ran and also swung to wear Levi was

"Y-Your highness wait!" Mikasa tried stopping me but it was already too late. I saw how Levi looked furious to see me.

"Adelaide! I told you to stay up the walls did I!?"

"W-What happened to Reiner?" I asked him. His grip in his ODM hardened.

"A blade to the neck yet the bastard still wont die!" He hissed. Then that glowing light sparked, but it was not just Reiner who transformed...

In the walls, we were cornered by titans. Shifters and regulars.

Then the beast titan in my dream was standing in the middle. I gasped.

"Princess-" Hange couldnt finish when I spoke.

"T-That's him. The titan I saw in my dreams." I said.

"WWhat dream?" She asked. Levi rushed to me when I went down on my knees.

"Whats happening? Adie-"

"Dont fight that thing." I told him. He looked at me with uncertainty.

"I dont know what you're talking about babe-"

"Whatever you do, do not fight that titan. Dont even go near it." I said. He looked worried, so was Hange.

"Did you see something?" She asked me. Slowly I nodded, with my tears falling, I looked at Levi whom I felt understood what I was saying.

"I wont die, it that's what you dreamt about." my eyes widened.

"Levi-"

"I promised to marry you didnt I?" I nodded.

"Im not breaking that promise. So trust me." I sighed. Im just frightened. Mom can see the future, so am I. I cant undo things.

"Levi's right Adelaide. You dont need to worry. Your boyfriend is humanity's strongest right?" I smiled nervously and nodded. Levi pulled my into a hug, kissing my forehead.

"You wont lose me today, I promise you that." I nodded. He kissed my forehead and looked at the titans encircling the range of the walls.

I trust you Levi. I really do.

Then juat before we could do anything, multiple regular titans started running towards our direction.

"Scatter the horses!" Hange ordered so the recruits from the rear grabbed multiple horses and evacuated them.

"The armored's moving!" We heard someone yelled, immediately, I saw Reiner in his titan form moved.

"This is not good." I said to myself. Weve secured the wall's hole yes thats a fact but securing victory against the enemy? Im not sure.

We're still waiting for Erwin's words. He seems thinking. Then he gasped in his own, earning Levi's sarcastic antics.

"Ready to say something Erwin? Been waiting so long, I couldve made breakfast." Levi said in his typical arrogant voice. I just hit his waist with my elbow.

"Dirk Squad and Marlyn Squad! You go down the wall and prevent those titans to reach our site. Levi Squad and Hange Squad I need you to take down the armored Titan!" Then Erwin looked at me.

"Your highness. I cant risk your safety so you better stay here than-"

"I'll go with Hange Squad and Levi Squad. Commander you know I will be able to control Reiner-"

"Adelaide you promised-" I didnt Let Levi finish.

"I wont be fighting with him. I'll be talking and negotiate." I said.

"I wont let you-"

"We cant be selfish right now! Lives are on the line!"

"I cant loose you!" He yelled. I stood there silently.

"I cant loose you either. But we cant loose to this fight, weve come this far already." I said. The commander butted in.

"And knowing the armored's feelings for the princess, we can be rest assured that he wont hurt her-"

"Cut the crap, Erwin-"

"Levi!" He just mumbled a "tch."

"Very well then your majesty. Stay in a good distance. Only communicate, do not engage with the titan." I nodded.

"Levi, I need you on the other side to protect the horses. We cant let something like the seige in Utgard Castle happen again." Levi seemed like he wants to diobey.

"So I'll protect the horses instead of Eren and Adelaide." He looked at me.

"I'll be fine Levi. I wont be fighting." He sighed.

"Take care. Please be safe." He said. I sniled and held his hand.

"I promise " I said and swung down the wall heading to where Hange and Levi Squad camped out as they watch Eren and Reiner's combat.

"Reiner!" I yelled. I saw him got stilled and so I removed my hood and showed myself.

Like the others, I have to gamble it all. I have to take risks, I have to give my heart for humanity. For the future you want with Levi.