CHAPTER FOURTEEN: DANGER

ADELAIDE'S

I woke up a bit late than I usually did for the past days.

Levi and I cuddled in his office for a few hours before he brought me to my room so I could sleep.

I went to the bathroom so I could take a bath and then wore a simple white dress and left my hair untied.

I went downstairs to eat some breakfast and I saw the scouts just arrived in the dinning hall.

"Adelaide!" I heard someone calling me. It was Hange who's sitting with the elite force. But Levi wasnt there.

Strange.

I went to her direction and greeted everybody. She grinned at me.

"Have a seat! Come eat with us." She said. I suddenly felt shy

"O-Oh no it's alright. I dont have my food yet either-" I was stopped when a man behind me spoke.

"Just sit already. I have your food right here." Levi said. I saw how people looked at us. I gulped and nodded slowly.

I went to sit beside Hange and on my other side is Levi, placing the plate with mashed potatoes and bread on the side.

"T-Thank you." I said. He only looked at me and nodded. But I know deep inside, if it's just us, he'll smile.

"So Adelaide, I heard you are into the field of medicine?" Hange asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I was planning to enter a medical school after I'll graduate this year." I said. She smiled widely like it was in favor of her.

"Great then! Would you like to work here as the resident doctor or also a scientist-"

"It's better if she works in the district hospital. She'll be able to help more there-" Levi wasnt able to finish when I butted in.

"Actually I was planning to work here or the garisson regiment as a resident doctor" I said. Erwin smiled in amusement while Hange was too. But I felt how Levi tched on the side.

What did I do now?

"That's wonderful Adelaide. We could really use your help especially our regiment has the highest rate of casualties." Commander Erwin said.

"I'll be glad to help. Especially my mother adored and cared for the survey corps. Also my brother was too." I said. Levi looked at me surprised.

"Brother?" He asked like he didnt knew I had one.

"Levi wasnt here yet then when Commander Aiden took over before Shadis did. Aiden was the youngest to be ranked as a commanding officer of the scouts. I believe he was just twenty back then." Hange said. I smiled and nodded.

I just figured out that Aiden is had the same age as Levi. If he's still here, he would have been thirty four.

"You're brother was the strongest back then." Erwin suddenly said. I smiled.

We continued talking about my family and jokes around for a bit.

As we were eating I felt Levi touching my hand that was resting on the bench. I looked at him and smiled.

"Good morning" He mouthed. I smiled and mouthed the same phrase back at him.

"So Levi. I heard you went out yesterday. That's a first." Hange started to tease. I looked at Levi who was emotionless as ever.

"And so?"

"And what I also found out is you took Adelaide with you" now she sounded teasing.

"And so?"