CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: BIRTHDAY

ADELAIDE'S

I woke up with no one by my side. Surprisingly, Levi is not in the room anymore. Usually he would wait until I wake up.

I shifted to the other side of the bed to see what time is it.

It was already past eight in the morning then I saw the date.

"October fourth huh?" with all that has happened this past few weeks, I forgot about my birthday.

When I was young, Dad, Mom and me would go to the market and buy some food then go on a picnic on a grassfield.

And then when mom died, me and my dad would just go to her grave and give her flowers and he would take me to a diner to eat. Then also he would always give me a gift but he would pass it to the maids.

After I took a bath, I went down to the cafeteria to look for him but I saw nobody.

Hmm thats odd.

Then I came by to the canteen aid to ask them where was every body.

"Oh they were called for a training mission Milady." they answered. I just sighed and thanked them before going out on the garden.

As I was gonna go to the stable and decided to ride my horse around the forest when I saw Levi standing beside his stallion, holding a boquet in his hand. My cheeks turned red as he started to come closer to me.

"Hey." He uttered.

"H-How did you know-" He didnt let me finish as he pulled me by the waist and kissed me senselessly. I hugged my arms around his nape and kissed him back. And when he finally let go of my lips,luckily there were no scouts nearby before he smiled lightly and handed me the bouquet of pink roses.

"Happy birthday, Milady." He said I smiled and smelled rhe flowers.

"You knew..." I never even told him about my birthday.

"Your mother would always file a leave whenever your birthday arives so I kinda get used to it." I chuckled a bit before kissing his cheek and I swear I saw him get stunned before he blushed.

He cleared his throat before carrying me up to hia horse.

"I thought you were all in a training excercise-"

"Yeah. There was a rushed activity needed to be finished before the sun sets." He said. His other hand was on the leash of his horse and the  other one was intertwined with my fingers. From time to time he would kiss my neck and smile.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He just tched.

"You'll know it when we arrive later." He said. I just chuckled.

So grumpy!

While we pass trost, I saw my godfather Nile so I had to stop Levi to come by and talk to him for a bit.

"Uncle Nile!" I said excitingly before hugging him. He hugged me back and swirled be around.

"Adelaide! Oh boy you sure did grew up so fast" He messed with my hair.

"I was about to come by to you father to hand in my gift but fate made our paths cross so, happy birthday sweet pea." He handed a paper bag to me. I smiled.

"Thank you Uncle-No way! Y-You really got the-"

"That was your mothers. I wonder how would her uniform look on you one day." He said. I saw my Mom's uniform. I smiled softly to him.

"Thank you Uncle. This really matters to me." I said. My uncle just grinned.

"Well, I have to beat Dhalis' extravagant present. That ass really wants to be the best godfather. What a bitch" I just laughed. They really have this competition since I was born. The only low key godfather I have is Commander Erwin.