CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: PROMISE

LEVI'S

"So you're with Adelaide huh?" The blonded one asked me as we waited for Adelaide and General Pixis to finish talking.

"The general tasked me to look over Lady Adelaide." I said, the three looked at me with their skeptical stares. Do they know about me and Adelaide?

"No need for a cover up answer,scout. Adie already told us." The woman said. I looked at them for a while before looking back at my blade.

"You do know she's only sixteen right?"

"Yes."

"Then why-"

"Adelaide is a wonderful lady."

"She is indeed so why did you think someone like you could be deserving for her?" the other male said. I tched. I just wanna end this conversation.

"Just a word of advice, Ackerman." I looked at Mitabi,the other male.

"Dont you dare make her cry. You'll never want the wrath of Dot Pixis."

I was about to answer when the door opened. Adelaide was there. I rushed over her and wrapped her with my cloak that she wore earlier. She looked at me and touched my hand that was on her shoulder. She smiled tiringly.

"You look tired." I said. She flashed her asuring smile.

"Dont worry about me. I'm just sleepy." She said.

"I could book an inn here if you cant ride the horse anymore. We could stay for the night-"

"Levi, I'll be fine." She said. I sighed.

"Anyway, Dad wants to talk to you." She said. My eyes grew in surprise to hear that the General wanted to speak with me.

"Dont worry, it's not about us." She said. I sighed and kissed her forehead not minding if the others might see us. I just dont really care anymore. All I want now is to be always near to Adelaide.

"I'll be back, stay close to those three." Then I eyed the three garison soldiers that were seemed strict and protective over Adelaide. I had the guts to kiss her forehead because I know she already told those three.

"Dont take it too long,I'll miss you." I smirked and chuckled with her sudden clingy cuteness.

"So you're being impatient now huh?" I could see her cheek's redness. She's really cute when blushing.

"L-Levi!" I made sure nobody but Adelaide could see me chuckling.

"I'll be back in a jiff, promise." With that being said, I walked to the door and went inside where the general is sitting on the visitor table.

"Have a seat." Pixis said. I gave him a salute before sitting.

" I thank you for taking Adelaide here even if it's out of your responsibility." He told me. I nodded.

"She seemed panicking when she asked me to take her to you, so I thought of taking her personally so I could also ensure her safety." I said. The general nodded.

"You see, I love my daughter so much." He stated.

We're in the same page, Sir.

"She isnt like the others you see." He added which made me think. I didnt know what he was pointing out.

"That's why she needs to be protected." I looked at him intently.

"You can count on me, General. I wont fail you and Adelaide. I will never let anyone hurt her. Not even a single strand of hair." I said sternly. The general seemed to sigh in relief.