C H A P T E R S I X T Y - T H R E E : R E M E M B E R I N G

LEVI'S

When was that last time I cried?

It has been so long since I last felt a lone tear, falling from my eye as I witnessed every single memory that I had before Zeke ruined everything, or was it really bound to happen?

"Are you a friend of Mom's?" This little Adelaide asked me as we both sat in a tree on their wide lawn. We were both watching the stars since I found her here after dodging Hange and Erwin inside giving condolences to Matilda's husband.

She told me before she died to keep her daughter safe back then.

"Your mother is my hero." I told her. I can remember now how Matilda took care of me when she found me in the undergrounds when Mom died.

"I'll be here even if I'm afar from you, I'll still be watching." The memory ended with us doing a pinky swear just before the scene shifted into somewhere inside the Pixis Mansion.

"Meet Lady Adelaide, the general's daughter." Erwin introduced us. She looked at me and I wasnt expecting she forgot me.

"G-Good evening Milady" I stuttered not because she forgot me but the fact that she grew...Too beautiful.

The next memory was that time the Pixis Manor was ambushed. Adelaide was shot and rushed to the barracks for Hange to treat her wound. She looked very pale in my very arms.

At that moment, I felt this unusual sensation people call fear. She lost a lot of blood due to the gunshot.

Another scene flashed. It was her birthday. The night I gave her that necklace. Then the night she gave herself to me.

With that thought, I finally drawn into conclusion that Leviathan...

The moment I saw that kid.

The moment we laid our eyes to each other.

The moment I smiled as he talks about his mother.

All of that was because of the fact that, he's my kid.

All those years I was clueless about myself and Zeke as well as Pieck did not even tell me to begin with.

I could have took Aiden away and return to Paradis.

My memories went again to another scene where a battle in Wall Maria against Zekem happen. Now I remembered that it was the time I saw how Adelaide tried reaching for my hand as I was dragged away and passed out. Those eyes of her's were the most painful to see. Tears out of pain because of me. Now those years I should have spent with her as we took care of our son, those were taken from us.

Adelaide. Baby...

Then it all went back to that day I walk up inside a hospital in Liberio where I saw Commander Magath, Aiden treating my wounds and Zeke feeding me with lies.

"You are Lenos Fritz. Vice Chief of the Eldian Warrior Shifter Fleet. Welcome back soldier." That was the start of the life I was lied to.

Zeke Yaeger...You were responsible for Erwin's death.

Erwin...I was not able to finish the last order you gave me.

Adelaide...

"Are you awake?" I heard someone familiar asked. I finally woke up, panting over the memories that bombarded me. I opened my eyes and grabbed the cup of water that was handed over to me. After I drank it, I finally got the chance to see who that was. My eyes widened in recognition.

"Lenos Fritz...Why are you here?" She asked in hostility. I appreciated how she was still able to pretend even if her tears are slowly falling down. I pulled her into a hug and at first she was hostile until I finally spoke.

"Erwin did I good choice handing down the scouts on your hand four eyes. You did well." Like it was a signal for Hange, the latter finally sobbed and hugged me back.

It feels good to see my friends.

"Levi! Shorty it's been years. You did not know how much of changes you missed." She finally calmed down. I asked her to tell me everything from the day they thought I was already dead, Eren being stubborn so what's knew and how Adelaide became so independent yet still leaning on my memories.

"Leviathan got everything except the personality from you." I couldn't help but smile. That's my son right there.

"Levi...You know we can still stop this yeah?" I nodded.

"Just like the old times, Hange."

"Just like how Erwin and the two of us can get the work done. Now with your titan ability, even if it is just the two of us, we can put an end to all of this." I sighed.

"If I was able to kill Zeke that time-"

"No time for regrets shorty. Let's go and save the world and of course the woman who longed for you." Remembering every time we spent since the day I abducted her, it must be hard for Adelaide to resist. She got stronger too.

And bolder...

"But before that, we have to go back to the hideout. I need to check on the others." I nodded and was about to jump on my horse when I saw Aiden riding one and approaching us. \

"Oh my God..." I saw how Hange shed tears once again. Aiden stopped halfway as he recognized who was with me.

"H-hange-"

"Aiden!" The two went down on their horses and embraced each other. I gave them time to catch up and hange spoke again as we continued our ride heading to the said hideout.

"aiden, your dad is in there." He nodded and I saw how nervous he is. It's been more than two decades since Aiden was gone in Paradis. Much have changed and yet he still logs for his father.

As for I am, I couldn't wait to see my son too.

Especially Adelaide.

Baby, I'm home again...