CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: SIGHT

LEVI"S

"Will she be alright?" I asked Hange. She looked at me with uncertainty in her eyes. I ended up sighing.

It's been days since Adelaide passed out after using her ability again. She's now in her room here in the headquarters. Her father even spent the night looking after her.

"It's already been five days, nearing a week since she passed out. Though the good thing is, she is not pale anymore." that's true. Her pulse also is not slow anymore, close to normal actually.

"But it's still better if she wakes up now. We need to to something about her always passing out after using her strength." Erwin seconded. I sighed, as I touch her cheek, wondering when she'll wake up again.

I suddenly remember that time when I went back to the ruins where the Reiss chapel used to be. I saw Kenny there. He gave me a syringe with a vial that turns a human into a titan. Thats something

Also, because of that, I knew that he didnt want to leave me back then because he was iresponsible, but he knew in his heart he'll do me no good. 

Mom... I remembered her again.

I sighed and waited for Adelaide to wake up again.

"Captain?" I heard Eren calling me. I didnt bother to look at him but I spoke.

"Hm?" I heard him stuttering.

" Commander Pixis is here." I stood up immediately and looked behind me. Let go of Adelaide's hand for a while. I saw Pixis standing near the door, just entered his daughter's room.

"Still not awake?" He asked me as he placed the fruits down the center table. I shooked my head.

"Her pulse though is already close to normal."

"Thank God. Do you have a moment captain?" I looked bidazzled and waited for his reason. In some point, I felt nervous somehow.

I offered him to sit in the couch just in front of Adelaide's bed while I sat beside her daughter, massaging her palm.

"It's about you and Adelaide." I looked at him

" Is it something I should be scared of, Sir?" I asked, trying to maintain my composure. He shooked his head.

"Matilda saw a distant future about you and Adelaide." My eyes turned to him, I was suddenly interested.

"When Matilda first carry Adelaide in her arms, she caught a glimpse of our daughter's future." My eyes flashed with curiosity.

"She saw a soldier falling in love with Adelaide. That soldier was also the same infant she held when her friend, Kuchel gave birth to her son." My eyes widened.

Kuchel...

"W-What are you saying?"

"Ever since, Matilda knew you are our daughter's destiny. But it doesnt just end there. This will surely have a reason and Im here to ask if you're up for the stuggles? I dont want ny daughter to get hurr you see. I can see it in her eyes, she loves you so much." I know, since the beginning that Matda felt so familiar.

When I was young,back in the alley down the underground, there is this lady, she always would help me, give me food but later then, after she'll give me the rations, she'll always use ODM gear to leave me. Now I know why.

Matilda, Im thankful.

"I love Adelaide. This may sound a bit too fast but I know I'll marry her someday." I said bravely.

Whats the point of hiding it?  Shes the one I want to spend my whole life with.

"If that's the case, will you accept what kind of fate awaits for you?" I looked at him with questions.

What does he mean by that?

Is this why Adelaide's so obssess with my safety lately?

"Whatever that is, as long as your daughter is safe so be it. Even if it includes be sacrificing something." I answered. I heard the general sighing. I couldnt help but stare at Adelaide's sleeping face.

When will we be at peace?

Suddenly I felt Pixis tapping my shoulder.

"I leave her in your hands again, Levi. I'll come by again tomorrow." I nodded then he exited the room, making me hold Adelaide's hand again and caress her face.

I suddenly reminisce of how weve been together ever since. I smiled at the thought that it's not just because I swear an oath to erradicate titans for good, now I want to live to be with her.

"Whatever it takes-wait what?" I felt an electric jolt with the hand Im using to hold Adelaide's palm. I was electricuted, I saw how that green bolt erected from our collided hands.

After that electricution my vission blurry until I blinked twice and suddenly I was in another place. I thought it was some kind of dream but it felt so-

Real...

I roamed my sight around the vicinity, my mouth parted.

We're in wall Maria.

"This part of the wall is hollow" I heard Dirk yelled as he fired a green smoke signal while they were hanging on the walls inspecting every inch of it. But why?

I looked to where his but I was already too late. I saw my comrade stabbed by a blade. I came to look who was that who came from inside the wall's cavity to only see Reiner in ODM gear.

"Reiner!" I began to yell and my body just jumped from the wall, dropping down as fast as I can. I caught him, stabbed him in the neck but still he was alive.

"Ah!" I grunted and plunged my hook to the wall to pull myself from falling.

"Shit!

"Captain!" I heard Armin calling me.

"What are these guys made of!?"I hissed.

"A blade to the neck but bastard still wont die!" Then Reiner, after I said that, transformed but didnt move. Looks like that stab made his conscience black out of his mind yet the body's still healing.

"Levi!" I heard a faint but clear voice calling me from afar and like an eagle, I clearly saw how Adelaide was tied up in the middle of the city, crying for help.

"Adelaide!" But before I could even go to her, my vission became blurry again, let me travel into another kind of what city?

"Commander Levi, the ships are already set." My eyes widened.

W-Whu did he call me commander? And I looked into my clothes. Why on Earth am I wearing an unfamiliar uniform. Where am I?

"Levi!"  My mind slipped out from a deep slumber, or a black out as I want ro call it when Adelaide called me. My eyes widened once again seing my girl awake, but worried of me.

"A-Adelaide-Baby! you're awake!" I was already frantic and panicking but she touched my face, making sure Im okay. I couldnt even care less and already smudged my lips against hers while hugging her tight.

No. I wont let that happen.

But Im not dumb to think it's just a dream of mine.

If that is the future, then might as well prevent that part with Adelaide.

No matter what it takes...

-------
Sorry for the slow update but hey! I already updated yey! To be honest I'm lost in my own thoughts right now. Can't focus on certain things. Damn romance HAHAHAHA anyways hope you don't mind me changing the title from "Suddenly there's you" into "the general's daughter". I just felt it's more suiting to the story