CHAPTER EIGHT: DESERVE

LEVI'S

Having Adelaide here in our headquarters made me feel relieved, especially when she was put under my care. Her father seemed to trust me. Well, I have no intentions of breaking that trust. Especially when it's Adelaide we're talking about.

Im currently gliding her wheel chair, roaming the gardens of this old castle. Took me about week to flourish this entire green spot. Before, when we left this place years ago, I maintained the beauty this garden holds together with Farlan's expertice in gardening and Isabel's closeness to nature.

I suddenly sighed.

"Levi..." I immediately stopped pushing when I heard Adelaide calling me.

"Y-You can take me back to my room now. I told you I can spend a day there doing nothing-"

"Not with me, sweetheart." She pouted. I imagined myself chuckling.

Hmm. Im starting to get a feeling that she's getting used to me calling her by pet names.

Does she like it? That I dont know but it's worth the try.

"You have missions to go. Meetings to attend." She added.

"Tsk. You matter more than those damn tasks." I hissed. I saw how she became stunned. I was shocked. I thought I hurt her by hissing but she ended up smilling softly.

"W-what's with the smile, woman?" I asked. She chuckled and shooked her head.

"You're not crazy arent you?" She shooked again. Ahh! She's playing with me.

"Then why the smile?" It took her about six seconds before she got to answer.

"You told me, indirectly that Im important. I felt happy." She smiled.

"O-Of course you do." To end the conversation, I rolled the wheel chair once again.

"So about Dad, when will he come back?" She asked. Finally a not so awkward talk.

"About 2 weeks from now. Said he needed to make sure that he'll be involved on the investigation of who did the attack on your home." She looked worried. I spoke once again.

"Your father is a general. Before that he first went to being a mere trainee, until he graduated and became an official interior police before rankinh up as garison regiment's commander then ranked up again as a general. He'll be safe."

" but Mom's once a captain too." I suddenly remembered her.

"Your mother joined the scouts. She died for freedom. You should be proud. Dont grieve." I advised to make her calm down. She eventually sighed and nodded.

"Is it possible for me to join too?" She suddenly asked. My eyes widened.

No! I need you to be safe and waiting for me.

" Anyone can be what they want. It's just a matter of eagerness." I said. She smiled.

"Then someday I'll join the regiment and be like my mother. Be more than her if I can. She would want that." She sounded so determined.

I sighed.

I wouldnt like her to be like Matilda. I cant bear to see her get eaten.

"Being a doctor would make us a good match." I suddenly said.

As she stiffened, I stopped pushing her chair.

She slowly looked at me with shimmer on her eyes that made my insides scramble.

Am I sick or what?

"You think so?" She asked with a hint of delight in her voice. Unconciously, I nodded. She smiled.

"Then I will become one." I badly wanted to kiss her but I wouldnt like to get attention.

As we stroll along the garden, we came across with Mitabi. We salute and he bowed to Adelaide.

"What?" I nonchalantly asked.

"Captain Levi. Commander Erwin asks for your presence. He requests for you to follow him and General Pixis to Trost." He said.

"Trost?"

"An urgent meeting was the reason of their detour."

"I cant come. Im with the general's daughter you see-"

"Lady Adelaide will be on the 104th cadet corps scouts' care. You will be allowed to go back for a couple of days" Mitabi answered. I sighed and looked at Adelaide's face. She looked sad but as soon as she noticed I was already staring at her, she changed her long expression with a ghost of a smile.

"It's alright Captain. Im sure Mikasa and the others will accompany me while you're away." I sighed

How can she be such a softy? I didnt know a girl like her would stil exist.

I sighed. "Very well then." then I looked back to Mitabi "I will follow shortly...and tell Erwin how lucky a bastard he is." I saw how the two were shocked but eventually Mitabi nodded and headed his way back to where he came from.

"Will you be alright while Im away?" I asked her. She smiled and nodded.

"I'll be healed once you come back. Take care though." She sweetly replied. I looked down a bit to hide my smile.

We went straight to where the 104th are spending their time.

I knocked first before pushing Adelaide inside. They all stood up and bid their respect.

"Captain!' I heard Eren, the brat.

"I'll be out for a mission. Erwin wants my presence. I entrust Ade-Lady Adelaide to all of you while I'll be away." I said. They all nodded.

"I already taught Crista the procedures on how to clean her wound. Make sure she'll be always by your side."

"You can count on us, Captain." Jean assured. I nodded.

"Very well then." I looked at Adelaide as she looked at me.

"I'll be back shortly." I said with my emotionless voice, I thought she'll be scared but she smiled and even nodded.

"Take care Captain. I'll wait for you." She sweetly said. I nodded quickly so I could alreadh exit the room to hide my blush.

This is so gay!

"Prepare my horse!" I ordered one of the scouts cleaning weeds on the barn. As I reached my horse, I hurriedly roared to where Erwin will want me to go.

I have nothing in mind while on my way except going back immediately to spend time with my girl.

My girl... I smiled by the thought. I'll proove anyone Im deserving of her.