CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: VENTURE

ADELAIDE'S

"You'll be careful alright? Dont do anything reckless." Dad told me. I smiled and nodded. He almost couldnt let go of me.

"Dad, I will be coming home. I promise you that." I said. He sighed and nodded before messing with my hair.

"Levi." I suddenly looked behind me and saw Levi approaching us. He looked at me and spoke.

"Hey, we're leaving in five minutes." He said I nodded and hugged Dad once again.

"Take care of my daughter, Ackerman." Dad told Levi. The latter nodded.

"Will all ny heart, Sir." He even salute. I smiled.

He held my hand as we gather with the others. The lift brought us up along with our horses. And just before we got down on the other side of the wall, the citizens of trost gathered from the bottom and cheered for us. A lot of scouts were surprised.

"You guys come back in one piece yeah!?" A citizen yelled.

"You'll get us back our home!" Another one screamed. Then I even heard Levi's name being chanted.

Well, he is kind of famous to the ladies.

"Tch. Someone's got a big mouth." Levi hissed.

"Well that celebration did get a little rowdy." Hange replied

"Actually, we got all of that meat from the Reeves company." Harrold said in an apologetic tone.

"Tss. Flagel" Dirk murmured. Then Jean, Connie and Sasha screamed back to the citizens.

"Yeah! You can count on us!" They were being watched by the others.

I saw Dad from the bottom of the wall, he was smiling while waving at me. I waved back

I'll come home Dad I promise.

"Since when did the scouts have a farewell like this?" A scout said

"Well it feels like we never did have one." Then Commander Erwin spoke.

"As far as Im aware...This is a first." He even smiled. Then suddenly he rose his arm and screamed with pride. Everyone looked at him with surprise but the citizens were more joyful.

"You got to be kidding me?" Hange said.

"You shouldnt drink the night before expeditions." Sarcastically, Levi said that made Dirk and Harrold laugh.

As we all got down with our horses, we formed our formation. I was just beside Eren and Jean while Levi was in front of me.

"Scouts! Move out!" That's the commander's signal.

"Stay close to me at all times. Is that understood!" Levi ordered me. I nodded while I was still adjusting myself to this uniform of theirs.

Then from the outskirts of Wall Rose, we ride with haste to Wall Maria.

Please be safe, Levi...

--------
LEVI'S

"Keep the ground lit!" I ordered. It has been hours since the sun went down. Now we're inside the forests.

"It's nearing dawn, how long will we still have to go?" I asked Dirk while looking for the wagons that Adelaide was sleeping in. She needs to rest thats why she was advised to sleep.

"The princess will be alright. Though once we got off to the foot of this mountain, Shiganshina should be close by." He answered.

"It's better to wake her up." I nodded and went to the wagon she's resting in.