39: Exposed 🗳

"Don't let two men fall in love with you, girls. It's not the sort of thing that ends well."
-Unknown.

(This will be a short chapter, I just felt like blessing you people❤)

"How ironic mama. You're the one who's always preaching about forgiveness to us, now you don't even want to me to be apart of my own father's funeral" she said with tears in her eyes.

"Thandolwethu. I was forced to remove you from my heart the day you chose the riches over me" my grandmother replied. Her voice was filled with pain.

"Let me help you mama. I was naive. It pains me that there had to be a death in the family for me to see the light, but please let me help" she said kneeling on the ground.

"Mshana. Umawakho udinga isikhathi. Cela usishiye"
[Your mother needs time, please leave us]

"This is my home, I was raised here-"

"MA!" I screamed. I was not even supposed to raise my voice, I was violating the rules. Noise is not acceptable in the week before the funeral.

My mother was forced to leave after that, she left the groceries next to gran's mattress and exited through the door.

As soon as my mother left, my grandmother clicked her tongue and stood up from the mattress.

"Makoti!" Mkhul' Bheki exclaimed.

"Awukahle kancane" she said taking her blanket with her. We all sighed heavily as we watched her walk out of the house.

Later on that day, my father and Mel came with buckets of cakes and firewood to help us during the week. My Grandmother welcomed them with open arms.

"I spoke to the people at work, they'll come and connect a pipe so you won't have to fetch water from the road" my father said. My Grandmother started crying on the spot,but that was not all.

"I've also made some calls, on Wednesday some people will come to install a geyser inside the house, ma" Melinda said.

"You two have been such a blessing in my life, May God bless you" Melinda stood up from the seat as if it was on fire, she ran outside of the house and I sickly followed her whilst giving Dad strict instructions to stay behind.

I found her vomiting in the backyard. I came and rubbed circles on her back.

"Do you need me to get water for you?" She nodded her head and pointed at the car they arrived in.

I came back later with a one litre bottle of water. She drank all of it.

"You'll be fine. Have you told him yet?" I asked.

"No. I don't know when I'll tell him, I don't want to add stress since we're planning for the funeral" she said in a low voice.

I nodded in understand. We got back inside the house. My father and Mel had to leave sooner than expected because Mel was unwell.

I told Charmaine to go with them because she needs proper rest,I'll follow later on in the afternoon. I've been on my feet since yesterday. Now I know the importance of obeying my grandmother's rules and doing the chores because my hands were not so 'soft' after all.

There was a knock on the door, followed by a chair being dragged.

"Sanbonani" I could recognize that voice from a mile away. Langa was hear, how did he get here so quickly?

I took a peak from behind the kitchen wall and indeed it was him. He was wearing black jeans and a grey Refinery top. I wanted to run to him and give him a hug but I knew that it would be rude.

He saw me and shot me a wink.

My grandmother was not allowed to speak a lot but she tried to make conversation with him so he could feel welcomed.

"Langa is calling you" Mbali said as she flew into the house like a bullet.

"Thanks, I'll go out through the back door" I said taking a quick look at myself. I was wearing a black skirt and an old white top. I was also wearing a doek over my head.

I went outside and saw Langa leaning on his black Polo.

"So you drove here?" I asked as soon as we were close.

"Thats not a nice way to greet me" he said coming towards me. He opened his arms and I gave him a long hug. He smelt so good. I'm pretty sure I smelt like firewood.

He kissed my neck and I backed away instantly.

"Not here" I said.

"I know"

"Can I catch a ride with you this afternoon, I need to go home and soak on the bathtub" I said.

"You can always come over at my house with Mihlali. You'll take a bath khona and I'll help you scrub your back, or maybe even better, join you" he said leaning in again to bite my ear. My body felt hot instantly. This was wrong, I can't do this on the day after my grandfather's death.

"That offer is very tempting Mr Phehlukwayo but I won't come to your house, let alone take a bath. If you want to see Mihlali, you know where to find her" I said.

"Such a tease" He said laughing. I rolled my eyes and 'accidently' brushed my hand on his groin. He gasped and now it was my turn to laugh.

"How you like me now?" I asked with tears of laughter in my eyes.

"As long as you're smiling. It doesn't matter that I'm in pain. I won't even cover it up, you must see the effect you have on me" My eyes flew to his pants and yes, ubafo uvukile, Langa had a huge ass boner and I was looking right at it.

"Le-let me g-go pa-pack up" I stuttered. I rushed back into the house without turning back to see his response.

"I LOVE YOU" I heard him say from a distance.

I entered through the back door again and went into the room to pack my bags. I changed my outfit and wore a pink floral dress and sandals. I removed the doek and styled my afro. I need to go to the salon tomorrow.

"Gogo, I'll be back here on Tuesday afternoon. Will you be fine without me?" I asked kneeling next to her. She nodded her head and I gave her a small kiss on her cheek.

"Please take good care of her" I said to MaCele who was next to her. She nodded and I took that as my queue to leave.

When I got to the car, Langa was not inside so I quickly looked around but he was no where in sight. I called him but his phone rang inside the car so I opened the boot for myself and put my overnight bag inside.

I felt a pair of hands wrap around me whilst I was still placing my bags inside the boot. The atmosphere smelt different.

"Oh, you're back La-" I turnt back and the sight in front of me left me in shock. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish out of water.

"You were saying?"

"Love of my life" I lied.

"Tumelo, you're here" I said biting my lips and looking around for any sign of Langa. Speak of the devil and he shall appear they say because at that exact moment, I heard the car making a sound as the lights blinked signalling that someone was opening it.

Holy shit.

***
Double update. Aren't I the best😊😊 don't forget to vote, comment and share. Love you all like jelly tots.