*Langa's POV* 📮

Langa's POV

(Here it is, I've been thinking of writing this for a long time. Vote and comment telling me what you think as you read)

I zipped up my pants after I finished having sex with Simlindile. The whole aim was to try and ask her questions about Ada, but all I found out was that she killed her pet hamster in 3rd grade, so much about your so called besties.

"I- I like you Langa. I think I can see why Ada likes you too" she said stuttering with a duvet covering her naked body, the body I saw a couple of minutes ago.

"We just met Simlindile. Have you no shame? Go back to your boy toy Peter before I'll be forced to do something I don't want to do" I said slamming the door on my way out.

My black Polo was parked outside the house and I entered the vehicle and took off to our house. I parked inside the garage and headed upstairs greeted by the sight of my dad drinking whiskey with his friends.

"Gents, give us a minute" he signalled with his hands and they all left the dining room. I plopped myself on the couch and also poured a shot of whiskey mixed with Cranberry juice.

"Dad I'm tired. I hate living this double life and pretending to be something I aint. Do you know how hard it is to go around serving some stupid school kids while I could be blowing cash. Dad we're not poor and I'm tired of pretending like we are"

"Calm down son. Drown that glass of whisky" I quickly gulped it down and felt it burning my throat.

"Don't forget why we're doing this. Don't lose focus" he said. I watched my dad place his feet on the table.

"You should get out. Go get some fresh air for the day. I've booked you a plane ticket to Johannesburg. You'll be back this afternoon." He said.

"But when will I continue with the plan Nkanyezi?" I said gripping the glass on my hand.

"Yabonake, this is why I'm sending you away. You're too hungry for revenge. This might take us the whole year" he said standing up and taking a slow walk up the stairs.

"But Nk-"

"Your ticket is on the kitchen counter. You can drive yourself to the airport. I'll have someone fetch your car" he said. He always had the final say. Nobody could argue with him.

That's what made my father a great Minister, he was able to stand in front of a crowd of people and give out orders. People listened to him because he was one of them, until shit happened. We'll save the best for last.

I listened to some smooth jazz on my way to the airport. I parked my car on the parking lot and sent my dad a message telling him whereabout it is.

I entered the airport and decided to go and have a meal at Wimpy before I leave. Leaving my backpack in the bonnet, I entered the restaurant with my wallet and my real phone, an iPhone X.

I watched what Ada was doing under my fake account,it's not stalking its my job. She recently posted a picture of her and her gay friend, Nathan.

I had done an investigation on everybody in that school and I knew that boy was a cooked noodle the minute he entered the cafe with his family after I had just recently started working there.

A woman came down and took my order, flirting with me for a few seconds until I finally gave in. We had a quickie in the staff bathroom and I walked out with a smirk on my face and sat on my booth.

Someone else came and placed my food on the table.

"Is that your girlfriend?" She asked looking at a picture Ada had posted of us on her Instagram.

"Jealous?"

"Kind of. Can I get your number?" She asked me.

"I don't have a phone" I said as I was busy scrolling away on my Instagram feed. She saw that she was fighting a losing battle and she walked away, not before clicking her tongue.

I finished my cheeseburger and decided to have a Bar One cake for desert.

I don't do all of that working out for nothing. I also have to think of a new place to take Ada, the places I'm taking her now are boring. I enjoy seeing a smile on her face.

After a few minutes of scrolling I saw my phone screen light up and it was my Dad calling me. Instead of answering it I checked the time on the notification panel to see that I had missed my flight.

I was over an hour late. Fuckin' waiteress. Leaving a R300 bill on the table I walked out of the restaurant and decided to drive back home. Dad might beat me up a little, but it's not abuse, it's parenting.

The drive back home took more than an hour because of traffic but I safely arrived and saw that all the lights were switched off. Using my spare keys I entered the house and removed my gun from my backpack. I placed it behind my back and walked towards the basement.

There was pin drop silence in the house. I came down the stairs and saw Ada sitting on a chair with her hands tied back. There were no bruises on her face meaning that Dad did not beat her up.

She was unconscious. He must have drugged her. Seeing her in this state brought pain to my chest and my heart was crying for her.

I wanted to give her a hug and kiss her again like I did when her parents invited me over. I know that I'm starting to develop feelings for her but it's something I can easily brush off,they will be gone within a week.

My dad taught me that woman will disappoint you. He always uses my mother as an example because she committed suicide when my Dad lost the job a couple of years ago,we were still making money illegally but she did not want to go down that route. She did not want to be seen as someone poor in the community. She wanted to have a reputation.

I watched Ada's body and I know that I'll regret this in the morning. I picked her up and carried her bridal style to my car. There was still nobody in the car.

This is most probably why my father sent me away, he could tell that I was starting to catch feelings for the girl. I was not strong enough to proceed with the mission.

I laid her body on the back of my car and drove to the park. She'll be up after midnight. My dad must have overdosed on the sleeping pills if it was not a much stronger drug.

I dialed Phindile's number and it went straight to voicemail. This girl must be partying.

I threw my phone on the passenger seat next to me and drove to the park, it's the only option I have.

I laid her gently on the park bench and gave her a kiss on the lips. Her lips were soft and warm. She was slightly breathing but I had to leave before she woke up and started asking questions.

On my way out of the park Phindile called me back.

"Ntwana yam"

"You're too late. I already found a solution to my problem."

"Dad said you're in Johannesburg" I rolled my eyes.

"I'll be in your penthouse in a sec to explain the full story" I said as I turned into her street.

"Uhm...I got company" she said softly. I rolled my eyes and switched off my phone. Guess I'll have to go for round two and crash at Simlindile's today.

(Please read Author's note)

▪•▪•▪•▪•▪
Hey hey hey hey hey hey!
Just in case you're confused. This is to refresh your memory.

Simlindile is Ada's friend, from school. Same girl who criticised Charmaine for not being "rich"

Phindile works at the cafe . She's a waitress there.