18: My Life Is In Order📮

"Discover Thy-self"
-Anonymous

It's been over two weeks and I've never been any happier in my life. I haven't introduced Shawn to my friends yet, he prefers it if I call him Mthunzi though.

Melinda once met us at the mall and insisted that we come over for lunch. Some kind of double date, Shawn was hesitant at first but with my charms, he agreed.

I put perfume on my uniform and made my way downstairs.

"Hello family" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Hello sissy"

"Hey baby"

"Hello love, you're glowing" my mother said holding a cup of coffee in her hand.

"I am happy mama, very happy" I said heading towards the kitchen and making my own cup of coffee. I made toast with baked beans and bacon.

"Mom, can we have steamed bread today?" I pleaded.

"That's so unlike you sweetheart. Did Charmaine tell you about ujeqe?"

"Well.." I said as I ate my food in a hurry.

"You seem to have a huge appetite these days. I like it" my mother said.

"Come on kids you're going to be late for school" my father said as he grabbed his briefcase. He walked over to my mother and gave her a kiss.

"I'll fetch you at the cafe after work and we'll go have dinner at your favourite restaurant my love" Dad said

"I'd love that baby" she said.

James and I pretended to vomit at their display of affection.

"Francescca, you can take the day of, Ada is responsible enough".

"Thank you Mrs Launter".

We entered the vehicle and we made our way to school. On the way, I felt my shoulders weaken and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

I was woken up by Mr Steyn, "Wake up Ada, no time for sleeping"

Today afternoon is the day that I'm going to introduce Shawn to my friends, I hope they accept him. I got out of the car and went to my locker. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Mthunzi: Nangu babey. Waze wamuhle sthandwa sami( Here's my baby, you look beautiful my love). I want to kiss you so badly right now.

Me: Let's meet in the old block in 5

I looked at him for a brief moment and he shot me a wink. I found myself blushing as I took out my books.

"Hey, we didn't get our Wacky Wednesday's for the past two weeks, what's wrong?" Nathan said besides me.

"I'm so sorry Nathan. I've been busy"

"Too busy for us, I've been third wheeling Charmaine and Andile and it's not nice. Be there today please" he said rolling his eyes.

"I'll be there, I promise" I said kissing his cheek and checking the time on my wrist.

"Where are you off to now?" He asked.

"I'll be there. I have to go have a talk with a teacher" I said rushing off. I turnt around and made my way to the old school block before the bell rung.