15: Drunken Mistakes📮

"There is more to myself than anyone has so far discovered"
-Anonymous

Getting over someone you weren't even dating is somewhat the worst kind of pain one can ever experience.

I've learnt that you can not give your all to someone, you should not get too comfortable in a relationship and you should always expect the unexpected.

Langa quit his job at the cafe and I haven't seen him since then. Charmaine and Nathan have found my way of grieving quite strange because I didn't shed a single tear when I heard the news that Langa left town.

We were currently at Nandos in Gateway. After watching a movie we all decided to grab something to eat.

"This is unhealthy babes," Nathan said putting his hand over mine.

"You didn't even grieve when you lost Peter too, you just carried on with life as if nothing happened" Charmaine said

"Don't even get started on Peter. I heard he's dating Simlindile now" Nathan said while rolling his eyes.

The waiter came and placed the hot flavoured full chicken on the table with 3 plates and buns.

Charmaine dished up for us, making sure that I get the quarter leg because she knows it's my favourite.

"Speaking of Simlindile. She said that she slept with Langa, I simply brushed it away because I know she's lying."

"Hun, she's just jealous" Charmaine said. We all dug in and had small conversation throughout the meal.

Nathan left early saying that he had an emergency to attend to leaving a R300 bill on the table.

"How are things back at home?" Charmaine finally asked me.

"Everything's back to normal Char, my parents trust me again, my mother is thinking of starting a business and the President wants to invest in it because even though she did faint, we left the cakes behind and I guess he enjoyed them"

Everything in the house really was back to normal but my mother still has not told me what she promised to. She always brushes me off when I ask her to.

"I was thinking of coming over and paying you a visit maybe later on during the week, we could get started on that History assignment we got." i sighed and offered her a smile

"I love you Charmaine, you're literally the best but i think I need a weekend alone, or spend some time with my family" she took a sip of her Coke and stood up to hug me. I returned the embrace and we walked out of the mall.

"I understand that you're going through a lot right now Ada and if you need anything, I'm only one call away.." she started singing off-key. I stood there laughing as I watched her figure disappear. Now I was left alone. I sighed and walked towards CNA, my favourite stationery shop. I felt the cool breeze of the aircon above my head and I started browsing through the books section. I felt a presence behind and sighed when I realised that its only Mel.

"Hey sweetheart, fancy meeting you here" she said. She was carrying a basket in her hand filled with cookbooks and some stationery. She removed her shades and placed them above her head.

"Hey Mel, I'm just looking for something interesting to read" i said as I carried on browsing through the shelves. She walked away and came back a couple of minutes later, she handed me a book titled Light on Snow by Anita Shreve.

"Trust me you'll enjoy this, good story about a father-daughter relationship" with that said she paid for her goods and walked away.

Was she trying to tell me something or am I overthinking.