42: SURPRISE!!🗳

"I had a dream, I got everything I wanted"
-Billie Eilish

"The number you have dialled does not ex-" I threw my phone on the bed and bit my bottom lip.

The door to my bedroom opened and Mel walked in, wearing a floral dress. She had a blonde weave on and black block heels.

I was still wearing Tumelo's hoodie and my pyjama shorts.

"Why aren't you dressed?"

"I'm not in the mood, can't this go on without me?" I asked.

"Your outfit is on my bed, please hurry up before your father gets here" she said closing the door behind her.

I threw myself on the bed and screamed in my pillow.

The smell of Tumelo on the hoodie was starting to wear off, I haven't talked to him since the day of the accident. His family members don't want me to see him

I don't even know what's going on with him, I dont know if he's okay,, if he's in a coma, if he's dead.

No, he can't be dead, it would all be my fault. I can't live with that guilt, knowing that I killed somebody's son.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower, it's the second month now. What if hes really dead?

Don't think about that Ada.

I stayed in the shower until the hot water started to become warm, that was my que to exit and go get dressed.

I found a simple outfit on Mel's bed. I wore it and decided to wear a weave because I was not in the mood to style my hair.

When I went downstairs, I found the house full of people setting up the place. There was a huge banner hanging from the ceiling with the words:

'YOU'RE GOING TO BE A DADDY'

I didn't know Mel was this extra.

Just in case you haven't noticed yet, it was my father's surprise party. It was the day that Melinda finally told him that she is pregnant. It took her a whole month to plan this day, she invited everyone including his father.

I took slow steps down the stairs and knocked over someone who was carrying a huge box.

"I'm sorry" they said, even though it was my fault.

"Finally, you're ready" she said placing her hand over her non-visable belly.

"The people will be here in ten minutes so please, try to cheer up and mingle with them or something" she said. She went straight to the kitchen after that. A few seconds later I heard her arguing with the catering team about how the steamed bread was not 'soft enough' like how my dad likes it.

I walked to the backyard and sat in the swinging chairs

"WHERE IS THE CAKE!?" I heard Mel scream from inside the house. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the few minutes of peace I have left before the house becomes filled with people.

"SIPHOOOKAZII" I walked to the dining room, where Mel was sitting with a huge smile on her face.

"How's the smile on my face, can you tell that I'm excited or does it look like I'm pretending?"

"You look fine"

"Oh, I invited Langa, I sent him an outfit that Mihlali will wear when they get here"

"What the hell Mel, you didn't think about telling me first"

"Is this your event?" She asked. It was a rhetorical question, that question doesn't even need an answer so I ignored her.