06: Shisanyama📮

"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate."

-C.G. Jung

I've been grounded for the past 2 weeks and all my electronics have been taken away from me.

Someone told my mom that I've been hanging out at the cafe with James every afternoon and that I have new friends, she was not very pleased.

My dad tried to reason with her,but when it came to my social life, she was not having it. He did not have a final say on this one and he lost the battle.

My mother was not always like this. Vanessa Mzobe. She met Dad when she was already pregnant with me, a rough break up with my biological father.

Everyone knows that he's not my biological father but nobody talks about it. He has made sure of that. Until this day, I think it's the money that got into my mother's head cause she just turned into a plastic housewife.

I was bored out of my mind in my room and I had nothing to do because they also took away my T.V. and my novels.

That's how serious they were

It was not hard getting out of the house because my parents are always away on some business dinners together or what not. However, I did have to bribe my brother James with a bucket full of sweets.

I requested for an Uber using Francesca's phone and 15 minutes later I was in a floral dress which my mother had purchased for me on a trip to Bali with dad . It didn't look too formal for the occasion.

The ride to the cafe was silent and I was feeling very anxious because I didn't know if Langa was working or not.

When I walked into the cafe, the familiar smell hit my nose again and I found myself heading towards my favourite seat.

"Hey Ada, are you ordering anything?" Phindile asked me. She was new here but we got along very quickly. She was very easy to talk to.

"Now that I'm here, I'll have 4 chocolate donuts on the go" I said while trying to think of more things to order.

I remembered that if I ordered more food I'll only gain more weight and my mother will question Mrs Kane's cooking.

"Oh and can I get Langa too" I said smiling innocently.

"He's not on the menu" she said winking at me as she walked away.

I waited for a few minutes and he walked out of the kitchen door in all his glory wearing black jeans and a Raw t-shirt.

"I've been trying to call you eversince yesterday" he shouted at me as he pulled a seat and sat down

"Goodmonring to you too" I said sarcastically.

"I hate it when people don't answer their phones. You had me worried for a second. Whats going on Ada?" He asked confused.

I've been caught. It's time, maybe I should tell him who I really am,that I'm not a Steyn but a Launter. Langa will understand. I should tell him that I don't know my father, he's been absent all my life.

"Nothing. Just been busy with homeschooling"

"Who's that boy?" He asked.

"He's my teacher's son, we were at some fundraising event which is why I was dressed like that" I said lying with a very straight face.