14: The Mthethwas📮

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."

-Eleanor Roosevelt

I woke up with a pounding headache in a room I was not familiar with. The ceiling was decorated with stick-on stars and the bed was twice as big as mine if not thrice.

"Lay down sweetheart" I heard a voice. It startled me and I rose too fast which resulted in me wincing because of the pains I was feeling in my head.

"I'll go get you a Panado" he said standing up. The man looked familiar but I didn't want to speak, too afraid that this is a dream.

A couple of minutes later, the man walked back in with a glass of water with the pill in his hand

I shook my head as he tried to give me the pill in his hand. I am not taking that, it could be some drug that's designed to kill me for all I know

The man sighed and placed the glass of water along with the pill on the night stand.

"Trust me" he said grabbing a hold of my hand. His hands were huge and warm, but they were also safe.

I took the pill and drank it with the glass of water. Closing my eyes for a few seconds I wanted to see if I'm going to die or not, nothing.

"Do you know who you are?" He asked slowly as if he was talking to a child.

"Where's my mother? I want my Dad?" Pain flashed through his eyes and he quickly hid it and let go of my hand.

"Go take a shower and I'll drop you off home. You can give me your address."

"Where did you find me?"

"I found you on the park bench while I was out for a jog?" His voice was laced with uncertainty and I knew that the man was lying.

"I know you from somewhere. You're the man from the party, the president's son" he stood up from the chair which was besides the bed I was sleeping on and left the room for a few seconds. A couple of seconds later he came back with a fresh set of clothes and placed it on the empty side of the bed.

"This is all I could find

"This is all I could find. These are my wife's clothes" he said. The man seemed to ignore all of my questions and left the room telling me to get ready.

I took a shower and wore the clothes which were on my bed with a million questions lingering my mind.

Where does this man know me from? It can't be the party because I never got the opportunity to speak to him.

Where am I?
How many days have I been here from?
What happened?
Where's Langa?

As if he knew I was done, the same man entered the door and led me downstairs where I had a full breakfast, I even asked for seconds from his wife who was introduced to me as Melinda.