25: Peace📮

"Be-you-tiful"
- Anyonymous

I was woken up by the sound of my grandmother singing.

"Ukhulil' uSipho. Ukhulil' uSiphooo" She was holding a small gift bag in her hand.

Wait? Did I forget my own birthday. I slowly rubbed the sleep off my eyes and stretched my aching back.

"Gogo. Is it my birthday?"

"Of course wena ngane. I wouldn't be singing if it wasn't. Go boil your bath water and change. Your ride will be here any time soon" she said.

"What ride?"

"Ay Siphokazi nawe ukhuluma kakhulu. Hamba uyogeza" (You talk too much, go and bath)

I smiled at her and peeled the covers off my body. I boiled water on the kettle while I picked out an outfit.

After bathing and having a full English breakfast, I brushed my teeth

"Go, your ride is here" I took my small purse and wore flats since my feets were swollen.

I walked towards the gate and saw a Vito outside. At the same time, Mbali walked out of her house wearing a black miniskirt and a bright yellow crop top.

"Happy Birthday" she said giving me a hug and a small gift bag. I hugged her back and we made our way towards the Vito.

"Thank you. Did you know anything about this?" I asked.

She took her thumb and her pointer finger and zipped her mouth, throwing the 'key' outside of the window.

"Okay. It's cool if you're not going to tell me. I'm going to sleep, I'm very tired plus my feet hurt" I said as the car started moving.

I felt cold hands on my skin and I woke up instantly.

"What the hell?" I was shocked when I saw that the car now had more people. Charmaine, Nathan and Andile had now joined the bus.

I felt tears form on my eyes.

"You guys" the vehicle came to a stop and the driver opened the door for us. We got out of the car and I didn't waste any time, we group hugged.

"I missed you asswipes so much. Seeing you guys physically, this is the best birthday present ever" I said.

We pulled away from the hug and I turnt back and looked at Mbali who was watching from a distance.

"Mbali come here" Charmaine called her over. She walked towards us and raised her hand in greeting.

"Don't worry Ada, we already talked while you were snoring" a small blush made its way to my cheeks. Everyone around me laughed at my embarssement.

I was blindfolded thereafter and we took a small walk. I felt someone's hands on my shoulders and I slowly relaxed as they led the way.

My anxiety tripled when I felt the soft material that was covering my eyes being untied. The sight in front of me took my breath away and I cried instantly.

 The sight in front of me took my breath away and I cried instantly