17: His Name is Shawn📮

"You attract the right things when you have a sense of who you are"
-KushAndWizdom

In a few seconds, Shawn and I will meet for our date at the park. The weather was not on our side, it was quite windy today but we decided not to cancel it since I have been postponing for the past two weeks.

I exit the Uber I was in and made my way to the park bench which held a lot of memories. I am not the same girl I was five months ago when I came here.

I will always hold a special place for Langa next to my heart, I love him but I think it's time that I let him go.

I felt Shawn's warm hands over my eyes and I instantly smiled. I atleast have to try and play nice so I can get that video from Samkelo. Don't get me wrong, Shawn is hot. He looks like a model but first impressions mean everything right, and his schol reputation is not very "good".

"Hey Sipho, do you mind if I call you that?" I hesitated for a moment before I offered him a smile and nodded. I need to do this.

"I can see that you're not into this but I promise you that by the end of the day, I'll put a smile on your face" he said. He grabbed my hand and we walked towards his car which was a black BMW 325i.

Shawn still didn't tell me where we're going

Shawn still didn't tell me where we're going. He just entered the vehicle and played some smooth R&B.

"I'm haunted by you, you, fall asleep and dream of
You, you, late at night I scream for
You, you, waiting on a deja-vu
But until then
I live with hallucinations
Yeah, they're just hallucinations"

I instantly smiled as the song came on. This was one of my favourites.

"I like this song" I said. Those were the first words I spoke since I saw him.

"I want to get to know you, the little things. Like, what makes you tick? Your most embarrassing childhood stories, everything" he said.

And that's exactly what I did, I told him everything on our road trip until I got hungry.

I was expecting this to be some kind of fast date, like a movie or something. We stopped at a mall in Scottburg.

Shawn opened the door for me and we made our way to Pick 'n Pay.

I have grown comfortable around Shawn now. He's not what people make him out to be. I know he's leaving for university at the end of the year so I can't make this into something serious. I don't want to nurse another broken heart.

He took a trolley and started throwing in ingredients and told me to take anything I want. I threw in loads of junk food and he didn't seem to mind.

He paid for the food and we were back on the road again. This time the route was getting quite familiar and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

He brought me to Port Shepstone, my hometown.