44: A Day With Mama🗳

"Stay away from those people, who only talk to you when they need you"
-Sahil Verma

Read, comment, vote and share 🦋

"Are you sure he's going to be okay, doc?" I asked as we stood outside of Tumelo's room.

"He'll be fine, just give him three months and he'll be on his feet" he said offering a smile that was supposed to be comforting.

"Three months? Tumelo has school. He can't catch up on three months workload" I said.

The doctor just shrugged his shoulders, looked at his watch and walked away, leaving me with my thoughts.

I went back inside the room and gave him a kiss on his forehead. He was sleeping. I placed the brown KFC paper bag next to his bed and left the room.

I found his sister sitting in the hospital cafeteria. She stood up when she saw me walking towards the door.

"Leaving so soon?" She asked me.

"I have to rush to my grandmother's house" I said.

"Oh" she said staring at the ground. An idea came to my mind instantly.

"You should come over for dinner at my house some day, you must be tired of eating all that food from the B&B" I suggested.

A smile spread over her face and she hugged me. I relaxed into her arms and hugged her back.

"Thanks. I'll definitely come" she said. I bid her farewell and walked out of the hospital door.

__♡__

I packed my overnight bag while I had a toothbrush on my mouth. I was in a hurry, not that I was late or anything.

There was no specific time for arrival, I just wanted to be out of this house already. I don't want to see Melinda tear her life apart.

"Do you want me to drive you there, honey?" She asked as she walked to the table. She reached over to take the key but ended up pushing the vase off the table.

"That vase really did look like the key" she said.

I facepalmed myself and went to sat her down on the couch. She was drunk. I was now used to it.

"It was old anyways, right?" She asked me. I ignored her and placed a cushion on the sofa. She plopped her feet over it and fell asleep instantly.

I took out my phone to request for an Uber but was instantly interrupted by a knock on the door.

I went to open it and stepped aside so the woman could enter.

"Ada" she said.

"Mom"

She leaned in for a hug but I froze on the spot. She placed her arms around me but mine decided to stay put on my sides.

"I suppose you also got the message from Mama?" She asked, reffering to Gogo. I nodded my head.

"Well, I just wanted to ask if you'll need a lift. I tried calling you but it went straight to voicemail" she said.