34: Taking A Risk🗳

"To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people."
-Charles T. Munger

In life you have to take risks. If you don't fight for what you want, you won't get it.

I was now in Pretoria, I booked a hotel because I didn't want to be around Siyanda. She did nothing wrong, but showing up unexpected with a baby and her nanny at her front door was not good.

I rummaged through my suitcase so I could find a proper outfit.

I applied light make up on my face and glued my lashes to my face. I was going all out for this date.

I didn't tell Tumelo that I would be in Pretoria. I wanted to surprise him.

After the talk that Melinda gave me, I realised that life is too short.

I took an Uber to the mall. I was feeling so excited. Today I was going to get my man.

"Sorry ma'am, do you need any help?" A woman tapped my back. I turned around and took in her appearance.

She was wearing a black tuxedo and black formal pants with pumps. I'm assuming she's the manager.

"Hello, I'm looking for a nice watch, for men" I said

"Your boyfriend? Husband? Brother? How old is he?"

"Is that really necessary?" I asked, my face was laced with confusion

"I don't know how to explain this, it's just like how you wouldn't buy your grandmother a set of lingerie but you would buy her a nightdress yet they all fall under night wear"

"I'll pretend that makes sense" I said laughing.

She shook her head and waited for my answer.

"Its for my... boyfriend" I concluded.

"Oh that's great, follow me"

I felt out of place in my casual clothing

I felt out of place in my casual clothing. She led me to an area which was at the back of the shop.

"These are okay I guess, and I think they'd suit your budget" she said scanning me up and down.

I rolled my eyes and gave the watches on look and walked away.

"Those are on sale. We just got them from the factory, their the rejects. Nothing above R100" she said giving me a fake smile.

"Maybe your man does, but my man won't wear a watch that's anything less than R5000.00, so take me to the gold and silver watches before I report the service I received in this store to your head offices" it was now my turn to give her a fake smile.

"Follow me" she said as she walked ahead of me. I did a small dance in my head and walked to the direction of the real deal watches.

"There's the Rasp Diesel watch. As you can see it's black and gold"