19: History Repeats Itself 📮

"If you want to find the trail, if you want to find yourself, you must explore your dreams alone. You must grow at a slow pace in a dark cocoon of loneliness so you can fly like wind, like wings, when you awaken."

-Francesca Lia Block,

I woke up in a hospital bed and I was feeling very hungry. Nathan walked in with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Oh my, you're up" he sad rushing towards me.

"How long have I been here?" My lips felt dry.

"Just a few hours, lie down I'll go and get the doctor"

"Bring some food too" I said. I looked around the ward and checked the time on my wrist watch, it was 19:14

People I shared the ward with had visitors, where the hell was everyone?

Nathan walked in with the doctor and a plate with sandwiches.

"Hello Ms Launter" the doctor greeted me.

"Hello Doc, when can I be discharged?"

"Oh, we've contacted your parents thanks to your boyfriend here," He said pointing at Nathan.

"Oh thanks. That's assuring" he then offered me a sad smile and came closer to me.

"I want to break some news to you, do you prefer it if I tell you privately or with your parents here" he asked. Without even hesitating I answerd him.

"I want to hear it with my family, it can't be that bad" I said.

"Very well" the doctor said before leaving to attend to the next patient.

I ate the chicken and mayo sandwiches that Nathan got me in silence.

"Look, I'm sorry about what I said earlier on. I just wanted you to be happy, and if he makes you happy then yahh..."

"What?"

"Youcandatehim" he said quickly.

"Askies?"

"You can date him" he said again. I pulled him into an uncomfortable hug because there was a plate with sandwiches on my lap.

"I love you" I said.

"Yeah yeah" he rolled his eyes. Great, atleast Nathan approves. It would have been awkward dating Shawn if Nathan didn't like him.

My mom and dad walked in followed by the doctor.

"Ada honey, we had to wait for the visiting hours to come and see you" my mother said. She rushed towards me and gave me a hug.

The doctor looked at me in the eye and I gave him an approving nod.

"Okay, so Ada wanted me to share the news with you guys"

"What's wrong Doc," My father asked.

"Ada's fainting is caused by a drop in her blood pressure which could be caused by an unhealthy diet. There's nothing wrong with fainting, unless you hurt yourself and the baby..."

"And the WHAT?"

"HOW"

"HOLY FUCK"

Everyone eyed me and I was just confused as they were. I never even had sex. I'm a fucking virgin. What the hell should I do.

"Woah I thought you guys knew" the doctor laughed it off nervously.

"Fainting is very common during the first trimester of you're pregnancy. Since you're already five weeks pregnant, we can check for your heartbeat" the doctor concluded.