41: The One. 🗳

"So many girls fall in love with the wrong guy, simply because the wrong guy says the right things"

-Tribhuvan Suthar

♡♡♡
(Comments will be highly appreciated. Dont forget to vote and share)

I woke up at 08:00am today. I took a quick shower inside my room and wore a denim skirt and a yellow top. I applied lipstick and wore my eyelashes.

I decided to wear my Vans. I decided that I was satisfied with my look after I put my afro in a huge bun.

I actually looked like a snack, no wonder two men were crushing on me.

I looked at the watch on the wall and saw that I still had 30 minutes. The trip to the park was 15 minutes, Dad didn't live too far away from my old house. Speaking of that, I need to go and check up on James.

I walked down the stairs and made myself a greasy breakfast, burger patties, bacon, beef sliders, four slices of French toast and scrambled eggs.

Melinda walked downstairs and looked at the mess in the kitchen.

"What in the world is going on here? This mess..."

"I'll c-wean up Mel, I pwomise" I spoke with food in my mouth.

"I don't want my kitchen to look like....this" she said picking up 4 egg shells that were on the granite countertop.

I offered her a greasy smile and I carried on eating. After I was done, I cleaned the kitchen and packed e vee anything away. It's now 10:00 so I'm definitely late.

My dad came down the stairs, he was still wearing his gown and slippers

"Siphokazi, akmele engabe useskoleni namhlanje?"
[Siphokazi, aren't you supposed to be in school today?]

"Some water pipe broke in school so we can't go. They sent us a message this morning" I lied through my teeth.

"Oh, okay" he said walking towards the kitchen.

"Please make me a cup of tea, and two rusks"

"Baba!" I groaned.

"Hhhayibo Siphokazi, wherever you're going, it can wait" he said.

I left the water on the kettle to boil while I quickly organized everything and placed it on the tray. As soon as the water finished boiling, I poured it inside the cup and added warm milk. I didn't even stirr it in properly. I gave my dad his tea and rusks and kissed his cheek goodbye as I made my way out of the door.

It was now 10:07 and I forgot to request for an Uber while I was making the tea, I had to wait for the driver to get here and finally, I arrived at the park at 10:35.

I looked around and I found Langa sitting on our bench. I started tuning towards him and when I got to the bench, I was out of breath.

"Oh, you're here" he said.

"Where's my bag?" I asked.

"Its inside the car, but you're not going to get it yet" he said.

"What?"

"Look at yourself, you're all dressed up just for a bag, we can't let that outfit go to waste. The least I could do is take you out for a small date" he said.

"Look Langa-"

"You won't regret it, I promise"

I sighed and we made our way to the car. When I got inside, I found Precious and my baby, Mihlali in the backseat. I picked up her sleeping frame and started planting kisses all over her face.