43: Friends That Are Family🗳

"What is done with love is done well"
-Van Gogh

"Siphokazi, I'm very impressed with your marks. I was comparing your report cards, this is a huge progress" my Maths teacher, Mr Lancewood said.

"Its some skills I picked up while I was still schooling in Ndwedwe" I said.

"You should start your very own tuitions cause looking at your grades, you won't be needing mine anymore" he said. I grinned and ran out of the classroom with a huge smile on my face.

As you may remember, I was in a school in Ndwedwe last year. I learnt a lot of new methods that boosted my marks in a way I could never imagine, but I had to come back to Umhlanga because I now lived with my father.

The travelling became too much for me because I had to wake up much more earlier which meant less hours of sleep.

After my Maths class I walked to the school grounds where I would meet my friends. It was a Wednesday today, which could only mean one thing.

STEERS!!

I arrived to my friends with a huge smile on my face.

"You're in a good mood- for once"

"You're in a bad mood. My cousin isn't taking you out on dates?" I asked Nathan.

"No, Siphiwe hasn't come out of the closet yet. We can't really be seen together. He said his dad is very 'Zulu' and I dont know what that's supposed to mean"

"Trust me, it's going to be very hard to get Malum' Bongizwe to understand that his son is gay. I dont even think that word is a part of his vocabulary" I said

"I feel sorry for my baby" he said, pouting his lips. I rolled my eyes but pulled him in for a hug anyway.

Andile and Charmaine finally arrived after what felt like an eternity of waiting.

"Were you guys making babies?" Nathan asked.

Charmaine's cheeks instantly turned red and we all laughed at her.

"Come on guys, let's not put her in the spotlight. You know how hard it is to ge out booth at Steers. We once had to walk around the whole of Gateway mall so we could wait for that group to finish" I reminded my friends.

They all agreed. We used Nathan's family car. Mel and Dad knew that I came back late on Wednesdays because of my love, steers. I have to be quick today because after eating I have to visit the hospital. I dont want to miss the visiting hours.

We finally arrived at the mall, and thanks to the heavens above; our booth was empty. We all ran towards it before some other people came and took our seats.

"Hey Kids, the usual?" Tommy asked us, he was a waiter who has worked here for quite some time now.

We nodded our heads and watched him write it all down his notebook before he walked away.

"So what did we miss, everyone should share something that happened to them over the week" Andile proposed.

"Since you came up with the suggestion, you should start" I said

"I'm cool with that, since you guys know how hard I've been working on my football career-"

We nodded our heads.

"The Pietermaritzburg United Coach noticed my talent during a game we had with some local team and he took my number, he said he'll be in touch"

Charmaine squealed in excitement and she started planting kisses all over his face. We laughed at her reaction and clapped our hands.