Thirty One; Somethin' Stupid

"I'm shaking

"I'm shaking." Kurt said. Lyric smirked over at him while grabbing her tray. "And it's either from low blood sugar or rage. I knew it was only a matter of time before Rachel tried to take over the Glee Club."

Lyric's eyes widened as she was reminded of Santana trying to go all Lima Heights on Rachel after she tried taking over. And unlike the others, Lyric didn't try to hold Santana back.

"We'll forget all about it tonight at bowling." Mercedes smiled. Lyric looked over at her with a confused look.

She shook her head. "Bowling? And why wasn't I invited?"

"Lyric, you've really only been hanging out with one person lately." Kurt huffed out a laugh. "And neither of us have the name Finn Hudson."

"I don't always hang out with Finn." Lyric replied.

Kurt and Mercedes shared a similar knowing look, before he sighed. "I can't." Lyric realized that he was answering Mercedes' previous statement. "Blaine asked me to hang out."

Lyric and Mercedes had two very different reactions.

"Oooh. Hanging out with Blaine again." Lyric bumped her hip against Kurt as she suggestively wiggled her eyebrows. Kurt rolled his eyes, but Lyric could see the smile he was holding back.

A disappointed look crossed Mercedes' face. "I've been looking forward to it all week." She shook her head as the trio made their way through the lunch line. "Wait. Are you two going out? Because I think you need to come clean."

"What? No." Kurt responded quickly. "Like I told Lyric, I don't want another Jesse-Rachel traitor scenario to overcome." He glanced over at her. "Please, Mercedes. Mum's the word."

Lyric placed a hand on Kurt's shoulder. "We'd be happy for you, you know?"

"Yeah." Mercedes added. "I mean, we know how lonely you've been."

Lyric loved that Kurt found someone like Blaine. Someone who actually understood what he was going through. Someone to be there for him.

"All right, we just hang out. Nothing about Glee club even ever comes up." Kurt shook his head. He shrugged. " It's just nice to have someone to talk to."

Mercedes head whipped over to him. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I mean someone like me." Kurt sighed. "But I promise to make it up to you. We'll hang out Friday night." Lyric cleared her throat obnoxiously. "You can come too, Lyric." She gave an accomplished smile.

She turned to look at Mercedes, but noticed she was no longer there. Lyric glanced around finding her back in line waiting for the lunch lady to fill her tray with tots. Sighing, Lyric made her way over.

"So what are we going to do about Glee Club while Mr. Schue is sick?" Mercedes asked once Lyric and Kurt got closer to her.

A smile spread across Kurt's face. "I have an idea. Have you met the new Spanish teacher?"