Twenty six; Toxic

"I can't believe Schuester won't let us do Britney

"I can't believe Schuester won't let us do Britney. She's an icon. She's a genius."

Lyric sat at her vanity brushing out her hair, lip-syncing along to her favorite Britney song, If You Seek Amy, which quietly played from her speaker. She glanced at Kurt through the mirror with a smirk on her face. His obsession with Britney Spears was absolutely hilarious.

However, she did agree with him. They grew up with Britney, it's only fair for them to do a song by her. They always do songs Mr. Schue likes.

None of them cared about Christopher Cross.

"Maybe you should find a way to prove to Mr. Schue that she's revolutionary and can actually help us." Lyric shrugged, pulling her hair back into a high pony.

She turned around in her seat, noticing that Kurt was staring at her comforter with his eyebrow arched and a smug look on his face. Oh no, that was his 'I just got an idea' look, and those never played out well in her favor.

Kurt nodded. "You're right." He turned his head to look at Lyric, pointing a finger in her direction. "And you're going to be my special project."

Her eyes widened as she watched Kurt jump off her bed and run to her closet. "What are you doing?"

The sound of hangers screeching on the rack filled the silence of the room. Kurt sighed disappointed. "You're wardrobe is depressing. It's actually making me sad right now."

Lyric rolled her eyes. "Aha, this —" He tossed a pink sports bra over his head along with a white button down shirt. Lyric moved to catch them before it hit the ground. She barely had time to register what it was before Kurt was at her dresser pulling out a plaid skirt. "This is what you're going to wear tomorrow."

"I can't wear this." Her jaw dropped, laying the outfit out on the bed. "Kurt, this is a Halloween costume from last year."

He crossed his arms, a gleam in his eye. "Well now, it's going to be what you're wearing to school." Lyric pursed her lips together.

She knew Kurt could see the hesitant look on her face. "Lyric, come here." He placed his hands on her shoulders moving her in front of the mirror. "You're gorgeous, okay. And Britney is going to give you the confidence you need to finally see that."

"Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure that Figgins will have me suspended if I walk through the halls like this." She tilted her head to the side. "Or Coach Sylvester will send me to a reform camp for girls who like to dress like sluts."

Kurt shook his head. "You're thinking too much. For once, don't overthink. Just do."

Lyric knew that Kurt had a point. She stared at herself in the mirror. Maybe it was time to ditch the jeans and the hoodie. . .well, at least just for the week. With a single glance back at the outfit that rested on her bed, Lyric let out a heavy sigh.