Three; Push It

Holding onto the strap of her backpack that was slung over her shoulder, Lyric made her way across the campus to the school building. The warm air made the morning beautiful and she was happy.

"Morning, Lyric." She turned her head to see Mr. Schue walking in step with her. His sunglasses were perched on his nose and his leather messenger bag was slung over his shoulder.

She smiled, even though interacting with people this early was something she tried avoiding. "Hey Mr. Schue, what's going on?"

"Nothing yet, but I have high hopes for the day." He beamed. "I got an amazing song ready for glee."

Lyric pursed her lips together, nodding. "Can't wait. Oh hey, can I use the choir room to practice at lunch?"

"Of course. It's all yours." Mr. Schue laughed as he and Lyric entered the building and went their separate ways.

Making her way to her locker, Lyric noticed that Finn and Quinn were arguing by his locker. She also took note at how Rachel was obviously eavesdropping. Lyric opened her locker while debating on listening in. She didn't like to call it eavesdropping, more like listening intently on a conversation that she wasn't apart of. 

They were two totally different things. . . right?

"Okay, let's comprise." Lyric heard Quinn say. "If you quit the club, I'll let you touch my breast." Lyric rolled her eyes as she started unloading the books from her bag into her locker.

Finn paused. "Under the shirt?"

"Over the bra."

"No, no. I can't." Finn sighed, trying to get his point across. "I want to do Glee. I'm really happy when I'm performing."

Quinn snapped back instantly. "People think you're gay now, Finn. And you know what that makes me? You're big gay beard."

Lyric snorted, but quickly covered it with a cough. She was at a disadvantage seeing as how she had her back to them. She didn't know if they heard her and the last thing she wanted was Quinn Fabray on her ass.

"Look, I got to go to class." Finn informed her while shutting his locker. He let out a little laugh reassuring her before heading down the hall. "Just relax. Everything's going to work out."

Lyric watched him walk away from the corner of her eye. She felt bad from him. All he wanted to do was perform on stage, but apparently there's something wrong with that. Lyric really couldn't wait to get out of Ohio and go to a place that didn't judge others for what they like to do — some place like New York.

"Eavesdrop much?" Lyric froze as Quinn raised her voice. She waited in slight terror for Quinn to approach her, but it never happened. 

Well, at least not to Lyric. 

"Time for some girl talk, man hands." This time Lyric did turn around to see Quinn leering down at Rachel. "You can dance with him, you can sing with him, but you will never have him."