Forty eight; I Have A Love

"Alright, New Directions

"Alright, New Directions. Big news. As you all know, Vocal Adrenaline came in second last year at nationals." Mr. Schuester announced, sauntering into the choir room.

Finn nodded, his gaze locked on the scuffed up tile floor. He pursed his lips together. "The only good thing to come out of that lost weekend." Lyric's eyes widened; her elbow jabbing into his arm. His head shot over to the small blonde, an apologetic smile on his face. He motioned between the two of them. "Besides us getting together."

A proud smile made its way onto her lips. "That's more like it."

Ignoring the two completely, Mr. Schuester continued on with his speech. "Well, the boosters at Carmel don't donate tens of thousands of dollars every year to come in second, so they fired Dustin Goolsby." Mr. Schue told them. Lyric clapped lightly. She hated him --she hated Vocal Adrenaline in general.

"So handsome."

Apparently ignoring unhelpful and useless comments by his students was , Mr. Schue's thing today because Mr. Schue paid no mind to Artie. He shook his head. "And they're having trouble finding a new coach. It seems that no-one wants to take on that pressure cooker."

No one wanted to take on Vocal Adrenaline. Lyric sort of found that hard to believe. Even though they came in second for the first time in forever, Vocal Adrenaline was still the most well known show choir in the Midwest. Well, according to the show choir blogs that Blaine had introduced her too.

"That means they're vulnerable." Tina spoke up from the back.

Good.

The more vulnerable, the better. They had to win this year. Lyric didn't think that it was impossible for them to be beaten down anymore than they already were, but if they lost again, especially this year. . .it would crush them. They needed this. Mr. Schuester needed this.

"Yes, and if we work hard enough, we can beat them." He said with a determined look on his face. A smile grew on Lyric's face, but it quickly turned to a frown as Mr. Schue nervously rubbed his hands together. "Which is why I realize that, umm, I can't direct the musical this year."

Rachel's head shot up. Her eyes were wide with fear. "No, Mr. Schue, you can't cancel the musical. My New York dreams depend on it."

Rolling her eyes, Lyric leaned back in her chair. Rachel's big dreams of NYADA that she had for an entire week while Lyric spent her whole life preparing.

"I'm not canceling it. I'm just not directing it. My sole focus has to be in here. Nationals, Nationals, Nationals!" Mr. Schuester started walking backwards to the board, scribbling the words booty camp on it.

Oh no.

He pointed at them. "And it's not just me that's gonna have to focus harder this year. I've been too easy on you, so everyday after choir practice I am instituting a mandatory Booty Camp, so that we can work on our dancing."