Fifty nine ; Here's to Us

trigger warning: mentions of attempted suicide

***

Lyric flipped through the prom edition of a Seventeen magazine with Kurt. He was keeping her preoccupied all day so she didn't have to go back home where her dad currently was. Evan felt the need to move back to Lima after being gone for so long and until he could find a place, he was staying with Lyric and her mom.

Lyric had barely been home since, splitting her time between Kurt's house and Mercedes' house.

Lifting her Lima Bean coffee cup up to her mouth, Lyric took a sip watching Kurt aimlessly turn the magazine pages. He shook his head. "Why are we looking at prom dresses now?"

"Because I don't wanna wait until the last minute to get my dress." Lyric explained as if it was obvious. She gave him a sideways glance. "It's senior prom, Kurt."

It was her first and last prom with Finn. And Lyric wasn't embarrassed to say that she wanted it to go as smoothly as possible, especially since last year's attempt at prom didn't go the way she had hoped.

It was her mission to avoid being slapped at prom this year by one Quinn Fabray.

"Well then, the dress three pages back was my favorite. It reminds me of Clara's dress from the Light in the Piazza." Lyric bit back her smile as she flipped to the page Kurt was referring to. He tilted his head slightly to the side. "Also, I would definitely consider six inch heels due to your unfortunate stunt in growth."

A line creased on Lyric's forehead. She slowly lowered the half empty cup of coffee, her gaze moving towards Kurt. "Now that's just mean." Kurt quirked an eyebrow, a slight smirk on his face as he took a sip of his coffee. Lyric smiled, elbowing him in the side. "If I wanted to be insulted, I would've asked Santana to hang out."

"Well, well, well." Lyric and Kurt lifted their heads at a familiar voice. She rolled her eyes at a young man clad in a Dalton blazer. Sebastian. "If it isn't a young Marilyn Monroe and an old Betty White. Where is Gay Cyclops? Still trying to stumble his way in?"

Kurt's head whipped over, his eyes meeting hers. "We can't come here anymore."

Ignoring Kurt completely, Sebastian looked towards the blonde with a coy smile on his face. "Lyric, I, uh, brought a birthday gift for you." The Warbler brought out a manila envelope from behind his back.

"My birthday was in January." She said apprehensively. With a single glance in Kurt's direction, Lyric reached out, taking it from him. Opening the envelope, Lyric pulled out the paper that was inside. Her eyes widened as she pulled out a photoshopped photo of Finn. "Whoa."

"Oh, whoa, whoa!" Kurt's hand reached over covering half of the photo.

Lyric shook her head rapidly, glancing up at Sebastian with nothing but shock and disgust in her eyes. "Oh, my God! Oh, no, that is photoshopped. His thing is not that small."