Thirty six; Need You Now

"When you're holding me, so weightless I can barely breathe

"When you're holding me, so weightless I can barely breathe." Lyric hummed quietly to herself. She scribbled the words in her songbook, while playing with certain chords on the piano. "You always break my fall."

She was alone in the choir room, attempting to finally finish this song. She had been so busy lately with Glee, school, and trying to visit and talk with Kurt as much as possible.

Lyric twiddled a pencil in her right hand. Her left hand going up to her neck, grabbing the necklace. "This life isn't gonna be perfect the ups and downs are gonna be worth it as long as I'm, I'm with you."

Lyric was working hard on the song ever since she got home from California. It was as if something possessed her to finish it and she wasn't sure why. It's not like she'd ever sing it in front of people, let alone Finn. He'd probably forgotten about referring to her as his parachute.

But it meant so much to Lyric.

All of a sudden, a hand came around her taking her songbook off of the piano. She gasped, spinning around so fast that she fell on the ground. Groaning, she sat up glaring at Puck, who stared down at her with an amused expression.

"Give it back." She huffed, hoisting herself back on two feet.

She went to grab it from his hand, but Puck pulled it back right before she could. He shook the book in his hands. "Sing a duet with me."

"What?"

"Sing with me and I'll give it back." Puck repeated, shrugging like it was nothing.

Lyric narrowed her eyes at him. She crossed her arms over her chest. Why would he want to sing with her? This reminded Lyric of when Jesse wanted to her to sing with him after the whole, Run Joey Run, video. "Why me?"

"You may not be a Jew, but you can't deny that we have serious musical chemistry." Puck explained and as much as she wanted to deny it, she couldn't. "And I have my eyes set on someone, who I'd like to either impress or make jealous." He shrugged. "Whatever happens first."

She knitted her eyebrows together. "Who?"

"Lauren Zizes. Our seven minutes in the janitor's closet was epic." Lyric's eyes widened as her nose scrunched up a bit. She didn't see that coming. Puck tossed Lyric her songbook back. When it was in her grasp, she clutched it to her chest. "And I know you, for some reason, still have eyes for Finn. It's the perfect opportunity to make him jealous. It's a win win."

Lyric sucked in her cheeks, thinking about the offer. Would it even bother Finn if she did a song with Puck? They still had yet to talk about their shared kiss at Christmastime. The two of them went on as if it never even happened.

She sighed. She could feel herself giving in. "What song?" He reached behind him, pulling a fold up piece of sheet music out of his pocket. She unfolded it, reading the title.