Forty one; Ain't No Way

"It's called Night of Neglect," Lyric said, taking a bite of the food on her plate

"It's called Night of Neglect," Lyric said, taking a bite of the food on her plate. She wiped her mouth, looking up at her mom and Ian. "It's to help us raise money for New York."

Ian's brows drew together. "Night of Neglect? What's that?"

"It's something Ms. Holliday and Mr. Schue came up with. It's like a charity benefit concert. We have to sing songs by neglected artists, but everyone's singing a song by popular artists." Lyric explained, shaking her head.

This was the fourth dinner in a row that they all had together. And Beverly was actually cooking this time, which was a first for them. They usually had takeout.

Bev raised her glass to her mouth. "And what's Miss Rachel Berry singing?"

"Celion Dion's, My Heart Will Go On." She rolled her eyes. Lyric was irritated after hearing Rachel call herself a neglected artist. Lyric never had the urge to punch someone has much as she wanted to punch Rachel.

Beverly scoffed as Ian just stared at the two with an amused expression. Lyric point her fork in her mom's direction. "Oh, and that girl Rachel sent to a crack house is back and is now performing with us. She's bringing, like, 600 people."

"A crack house?" Ian looked between the two in shock. He cleared his throat. "I'm guessing we don't like this Rachel person."

"It's on and off." Lyric told him. "One minute she can be nice and understanding, but usually when it only benefits her, and the next she's a wannabe diva demon from hell."

"Got it." He muttered, chuckling.

Her mom waved him off, turning to Lyric. Lyric noticed the big smile on her mom's face. "So, what song are you planning to sing?"

"Well, remember when I said that nobody was really doing songs by neglected artists?" Lyric smiled sheepishly. "I wanna do a Miley song. No one's done a Miley song yet in Glee. Well, besides when Rachel butchered The Climb."

"When's this event happening?" Ian questioned. Lyric was sort of taken back. She wasn't used to her own father coming to her performances, so Ian showing interest was different for her.

A good kind of different.

She gave a smile. "This Saturday."

"Well, we'll be there." Ian motioned between himself and her mom. She nodded, glancing over at her mother. She noticed Beverly had the same look on her face. Lyric's phone started vibrating on the table. She reached for it and sighed.

Finn Hudson calling. . .

"Finn again?" Her mom asked with a knowing tone in her voice.

Ever since Regionals, Finn had been practically glued to Lyric's side. They had been hanging out a lot more and he had resorted to calling her every night they didn't. Lyric was unsure of what changed. However, she didn't hate all this new attention. Lyric gave an apologetic smile, letting the call go to voicemail.