Twenty three; Faithfully

"Thank you for coming to the first annual New Directions' Regionals' set list nominations party

"Thank you for coming to the first annual New Directions' Regionals' set list nominations party."

Artie blinked, glancing up at Mr. Schuester. "What's the point, Mr. Schue? Coach Sylvester's one of the judges. She's gonna crush us."

"Artie, you don't know that." Mr. Schue shook his head, trying to lighten the mood. All it did was drag them further down.

They knew the truth. Everything was over.

"Yes, we do. She told us at Cheerios practice." said Santana as she moved one of the many pizza boxes that were stacked on the coffee table.

Brittany added. "Yeah, she said, I'm going to crush Glee Club."

"A whole freaking year. All that hard work for nothing." Puck huffed, throwing his hand in the air. Lyric pursed her lips together, reaching for his hand. She gave it a light squeeze while laying her head on his shoulder. She still thought he was a douche, but he had his moments.

Lyric heard Tina start crying. "I'm sorry. I just really love you guys." And at that moment, Lyric's own tears welled up. She needed to bite her lip in order to keep them back.

Tina took a deep breath. "You know how many Facebook friends I had before I joined Glee Club? Two. My parents. Rachel was right. Being a part of something special — it made me special. I just can't believe it's going to be over in a week."

A week. That's all the time that they had left together. Just one week.

"Wait." Finn finally spoke up with a look of bewilderment on his face. "Who says it's going to be over?"

"Please. You think Puck and Santana are going to even acknowledge my existence once we're not in Glee Club together anymore?" Mercedes quirked an eyebrow. "You honestly think you and Lyric are still going to be close."

Furrowing her brow, Lyric looked over at Finn. Mercedes was right and that's what Lyric was afraid of. She didn't want to say it out loud because she didn't want it to feel even more real. Her grip on Puck's hand tightened as her green eyes met Finn's brown ones. She couldn't tell what he was thinking.

Puck nodded. "She has a point."

"Mr. Schuester?" Rachel called out. Her voice cracking slightly. "Do you think instead of nominating songs, we can just. . . all go around the room and talk about things that we loved about Glee Club this year?"

Lyric zoned out. She couldn't bare to listen to any of her friends stories or memories. Her ears were ringing loudly as she held back her tears. Losing this club. . . her friends was probably the worst heartbreak of all.

"Lyric, your turn." Mercedes nudged her, bringing Lyric out of her thoughts.

Turning her head, she looked at everyone in the room. Puck gave her hand a light squeeze. "I loved that thirteen kids, who would have never mixed, got a chance to be friends. We're all different, but we all share the same thing. Our love for music, for singing, for performing."