Eighteen; Burning Up

Lyric crossed her arms over her chest as Mr

Lyric crossed her arms over her chest as Mr. Schue held up the Glist. She sat in between Rachel and Finn, totally uninterested in that stupid list. It ranked the hotness of the members and she wasn't even on it. Even Rachel was on it, granted she was last with negative points.

"Who did it?" Mr. Schue eyed them. "This is serious. Principal Figgins is threatening to disband the club."

Santana narrowed her eyes. "Why are we playing this game?" She looked towards the piano where Puck stood with Mike. "We all know it was Puck."

Lyric sighed, it seemed like something Puck would do, but she wasn't so sure that it was him this time. Even though she was still pissed about what he did to Finn, she didn't want to falsely accused anyone.

"Back off. I didn't do squat." He defended.

Tina lifted an eyebrow. "Then why is your girlfriend first on the Glist?" Lyric couldn't help, but think that Tina had a point.

"And why am I last?"

Lyric huffed, shifting in her seat. "Last? I'm not even on it."

"See." Puck pointed his finger in Lyric's direction. "If it was me, Lyric would've been on the list. She might have broken up with me and she's not a Jew, but she's still hot." Lyric brought her hand up to her face, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"You two dated?" Jesse questioned, his eyes bore into Lyric's. She rolled her eyes, but she felt Finn staring at her. When she looked, he lifted an eyebrow waiting for her to answer the question.

Lyric looked in Mr. Schue's direction for help. Mr. Schue stepped forward. "Okay, enough! No one is accusing anyone of anything." He turned his head to the side."Puck, seriously, did you do it?"

"I said no. I'm a delinquent, sure." Puck shrugged. "I like setting things on fire and beating up people I don't know. I own that, but I'm not a liar."

Lyric believed him. What would he gain from making the list anyway?

"All right, here's the important point. Between this and posting Coach Sylvester's personal video on Youtube, you guys are getting a pretty bad reputation." Mr. Schue explained to them, walking over to the piano, grabbing some sheet music.

"Why is that a bad thing?" She turned her head towards Artie, who gave a half shrug. "Maybe if we seem more dangerous, people would stop flushing my glasses down the toilet."

Mr. Schue explained their assignment for the week as he handed out the sheet music. She groaned looking at the lyrics for Ice Ice Baby. "The assignment for the week is for all of you to find songs like this. . . mine them for what works and then, hopefully, you can apply this musical lesson to your own lives."

"This song should be arrested for the crime of sucking." Jesse retorted, glancing up at Mr. Schue. Lyric didn't want to agree with Jesse, but he was right.