Fifty six; We Found Love

Lyric never questioned Mr

Lyric never questioned Mr. Schuester's lesson plans . . . well, most of the time.

But she thought that his proposal to Ms. Pillsbury would be something he wanted to keep special and keep between them. Not between them and his entire glee club.

Quinn smiled at Mr. Schuester from where she sat in the back. "Mr. Schue, we're so happy for you. We totally don't think you'll screw it up this time."

"It's got to be perfect." He told them, bringing a chair around to sit in front of them. "I'm sitting down with Emma's parents to ask for permission, and then this proposal needs to knock her well-washed socks off. And that's where you guys come in, okay? So the assignment for the week is to come up with a proposal number. And you know Ms. Pillsbury. . . it's got to be perfect."

Artie glanced at Lyric and Kurt, who were seated beside him with a smile on his face. "Well, you can count on us, Mr. Schue."

The bell rang shortly after. Lyric grabbed her bag off the floor beside her chair and made her way into the hall. Kurt appeared by her side within seconds of her opening her locker.

"Mercedes and I are having a girl's night. You want in?" Kurt asked, his one eyebrow arching slightly.

She smiled. It had definitely been too long since the three of them spent some time together. Each one of them tied up with their own boyfriends and post graduation plans. Plus, the last time they had planned a girl's night, Rachel had invited herself after eavesdropping on their plans.

"Yeah, I'd like that." She responded, grabbing her Spanish textbook from her locker.

Kurt nodded curtly. "Well, good because we're meeting at your place."

Lyric laughed, throwing her head back. "What would've happened if I said no?"

"We would've still shown up at your house." Kurt said, surely. Lyric raised her eyebrows, leaning against her locker. Anyway, we both know that you wouldn't have said no."

He had a point. She wouldn't. She actually missed spending time with Mercedes and Kurt. Lyric smiled. "You make it sound like I have no other friends."

"I mean. . ." Kurt trailed off, a smirk on his face. The bell rang making Lyric sigh. With her book in her arms and Kurt by her side, the two made their way down the hall. Kurt's shoulder bumped hers gently. "I'll see you tonight."

Turning into Mr. Schuester's classroom, Lyric lifted her hand in a wave. "See you later."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Lyric walked over to her locker after Spanish class, pulling the door open after putting in her combination.

"Hey, Lyric." She glanced over her shoulder, Finn walked up to her with Sam by his side. Sam's hair was slicked back and a red towel wrapped around his neck. She arched a bow, that was a new look. "I have a question for you. What would you say if I joined synchronized swimming?"