Twenty five; Listen

Hi, I'm Jacob Ben Israel with Glee's Big Gay Summer with all the Glee Club dish you're dying to know

Lyric heard his voice and immediately shoved her head into her locker. Maybe he would just pass her by. Her eyes screwed shut and her fingers crossed.

"Lyric, how do you feel that Finn Hudson has chosen one Rachel Berry over you?"

She groaned, rolling her eyes. Lyric spun around to face Jacob and his annoying camera man. "I'm fine because as I said thousands of times, Finn and I are just friends."

Of course, Lyric left out the fact that it was killing her inside and not seeing him all summer  prolonged the inevitable.

"So, does that mean the lothario Jesse St. James has worked his way into your heart and mouth?"

Lyric's face scrunched up in disgust. She was wishing that he'd just go away. He always freaked her out. However, she didn't know how he was aware of her and Jesse. She had to play it cool, something she wasn't partially good at. Somehow, Jacob could pick up on the slightest bit of hesitation.

She waved him off while avoiding eye contact. "Nothing happened between me and Jesse and nothing will. Anyway, he's in California now."

"Well, I have it on good authority —"

"Well, I have it on good authority that," She paused, realizing that she didn't have a comeback prepared. Stuttering, Lyric quirked an eyebrow. "I'm friends with Noah Puckerman and won't hesitate to tell him to throw you in a dumpster." Lyric slammed her locker shut, walking down the hall as fast as she could to get away from Jacob.

Lyric walked down to the club sign up board to see how Glee signups were doing. They might have lost Regionals, but at least they made it there. Someone had to have found it impressive. She got deja vu walking up to the activities board. She remembers when she first signed up for Glee. She barely had any friends and she was still being called Melody by the one guy she wanted the most.

So much as changed since then.

"Mr. Schuester." She called, noticing that he was staring at the sign ups. Lyric pushed her way passed the long line of wannabe Cheerios. Mr. Schue turned giving Lyric a small smile before frowning at the sign up sheet. Lyric eyed the sheet with an identical expression.

No one. Not at single person signed up.

Lyric glanced over at her teacher. "Why isn't anyone signing up?"

He scoffed, placing his hands on his hips. "I don't get it either. Do people still see Glee Club as something that can ruin a reputation?"

Lyric sighed, her shoulder dropping in the process. They were still seen as losers. She guessed nothing really changed after all.

But now she was on high alert for a slushie attack. She knew getting slushied was inevitable, but maybe if she kept her eyes peeled. . . she might just survive the day.