Eight; Love Will Light The Day

Lyric agreed with Mr

Lyric agreed with Mr. Schue, they were getting complacent. However, she also agreed that their competition wasn't much of a threat to them—securing them a win for Sectionals. She wanted a challenge, but not someone as difficult to beat as Vocal Adrenaline.

Just some friendly competition.

Mr. Schue crossed his arms over his chest. "You were great at the Invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through Sectionals." Lyric noticed at Finn kept yawing, almost every two seconds making her furrow her brow concerned. She looked away only to make eye contact with Quinn, who was staring her down. Lyric looked away almost immediately. "Okay, split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side."

Nobody moved a muscle, confused on his orders.

"Let's go, come on." Mr. Schue motioned for them to move. Lyric sighed, walking over to the other side from where she was standing. Kurt walked over to the side with the girls, only to move again after getting called out by Mr. Schue. 

"Two teams, boys versus girls." Lyric shared a look of excitement with Mercedes. "A week from today you will each perform a mash up of your choice." Lyric turned to Mercedes listing off song choices, as Mr. Schue explained to Puck what a mash up was. "Boys will perform on Tuesday, girls the next day. I want you guys to go all out, okay, costumes, choreography. Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for Sectionals."

Lyric tuned out the rest that Mr. Schue said about judging because she was too focused on potential songs that they could use. Her and the girls started to walk out when Finn stopped her.

"Could I ask you for a favor?" He wondered, stuffing his hands in his pocket. She took note of how exhausted he looked.

Lyric nodded slowly. The last time she did him a favor, she got threatened by Rachel. "Uh, sure what's going on?"

"I was wondering if you could help me with my Spanish homework?" He questioned, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Between glee, football, and stressing over the baby, I've started to fall behind and Mr. Schue said if I can pass this next test, he'd be generous with my final grade."

"Yeah, we can meet at the library at four?"

Finn scratched the back of his neck. "I'd actually feel more comfortable if we could study at either your house or mine — if you don't mind."

"Okay." Lyric thought for a moment. She shrugged lightly. "My house tomorrow, then." Finn nodded graciously, before Puck came over to drag him to football practice.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Okay, so I talked to Mr. Schue and wrote out everything that is going to be on test." Lyric ran a hand through her hair, opening up her Spanish notebook. "If we review everything on here, you should be set."