Thirty nine; Blame It on the Alcohol

The last place Lyric ever thought she'd be was at a party thrown by Rachel Berry, but her friends were going, so she made the bold decision to go as well

The last place Lyric ever thought she'd be was at a party thrown by Rachel Berry, but her friends were going, so she made the bold decision to go as well. She pursed her lips together, chipping at the paint on her nails as she sat on one of the chairs at the bar in Rachel's basement. Lyric spun around in her chair surveying the room. Santana and Sam were making out on the couch, Mercedes sat bored on the stage, and Artie, Tina, and Mike were carefully planning their escape.

If they were leaving, so was she. Lyric cursed herself out. She could've been in her pajamas eating ice cream and watching The Walking Dead right now.

The sound of multiple sets of footsteps descending the staircase made Lyric crane her neck. Her eyebrows met her hairline when she saw Blaine coming down the stairs with Kurt and Finn. She wasn't expecting them to come, but thank god. She wondered how Kurt got Finn to bring them along.

"So, this is your dads' Oscar room?" Kurt wrung his hands together, glancing around the room. Lyric was trying to get his attention without being obvious. She needed to get out of here before she was the first person to die of actual boredom. Lyric stood up from her chair, slowly making her way towards Kurt.

Rachel sighed. "Yes. They transformed our ordinary basement for our famous annual Oscar parties." She turned around, a smile growing on her face when she saw Lyric. "Hey, girlfriend. Having fun?"

"Oh, um," Lyric's eyes widened as she started laughing nervously. "Yeah. Awesome. . .party, Rachel."

The blonde quickly walked away from Rachel and over to her friends. Lyric glanced over her shoulder before looking back at Kurt and Blaine. "I wanna leave. Like now."

"It can't be that bad." Blaine said, optimistically. Lyric shook her head, staring at him like he had two heads. He was so innocent. He wasn't used to be subjected to Rachel Berry yet. She wondered what that was like.

Rachel cleared her throat grabbing everyone's attention. "Let's go over the rules. Everybody gets two drinks tickets to keep things from getting out of hand. We're serving wine cooler today." Kurt shared a look with Lyric as he was handed his tickets. With her tickets in between her pointer and middle finger, she waved them at him. "That is our specialty drink. That's actually all that we have. Okay, everybody cheers!"

"Great party, Rachel." Lyric heard Artie say as he wheeled up to her. Tina, Mike, and Brittany gathered behind him. "We got to run."

Lyric's head perked up. A smile on her face as she rushed up to them. "You're leaving?" Tina nodded, causing Lyric to turn to Rachel. "Uh, me too. I have to go, um, walk my bird."

"And we have dinner reservations." Tina pressed her lips together into a forced apologetic smile.

Lyric walked toward her jacket, but a hand curled around her wrist. Turning around, she saw Finn holding onto her.

"Just stay for a few more minutes. Puck's trying to convince her to have actual liquor instead of two wine coolers."

She groaned, letting her head fall back. "But she wants to play Celebrity. I want to go home and watch Daryl Dixon."