Forty; Parachute

Lyric was kind of suspicious when Quinn agreed with the original songs idea for Regionals

Lyric was kind of suspicious when Quinn agreed with the original songs idea for Regionals. She had been one of the members to shoot down the idea when Rachel came up with it a couple of weeks ago. She actually made fun of Rachel and Lyric with Santana for even suggesting the idea.

But now, she was all for it. Something wasn't sitting right, but Lyric pushed past it.

"W-wait, wait. So, suddenly you three are writing the music for Regionals? No way. I think that everyone should get a chance to write a song." Santana raised her hand. And Lyric agreed, mostly because she didn't want to write with Rachel and Quinn.

Especially since all three of them were in love with the same guy.

Mercedes shrugged, looking over at Mr. Schuester. "What do you think Mr. Schue?"

"I think we're doing original song for Regionals." Mr. Schue nodded. "Rachel, Lyric and Quinn will write the ballad and the rest of us will write a kick ass group number."

Lyric's hand shot up. She didn't wait for him to call on her. "Mr. Schue, I would really like the chance to write my own ballad for Regionals and not with the help of them," She motioned to Rachel and Quinn with apologetic looks. Lyric shrugged. "Sorry."

"You know what, Lyric, I like that idea." Mr. Schue nodded in agreement. Lyric's eyes widened in shock. That was a first. "Okay, this is what we're going to do. Whichever ballad gets the best response, the singer will be a contender for a solo at Nationals." Lyric eyes widened even more. She needed to win. "Final decision will be mine though." He clapped. "Let's get to work."

The school bell shrilled. Lyric sighed, the last thing she wanted to do was go to class. She needed to perfect her song. A majority of her song was already written, but now so much more was on the line. Lyric gathered her things and made her way to her locker. She pried it open, grabbing the books she needed for her first class.

"A solo at Nationals seems like a pretty high stake to me." Finn said, coming up on Lyric's side. He gripped the straps that rested on his shoulder.

She nodded. "Tell me about it, but I'm up for the challenge." Lyric sighed, closing her locker and leaning against it. She hadn't talked with her friend Kylee in a while, but Lyric still remembers what she had told her last year. How she was just as good as the other girls here and it was time she went for what she wanted. And she wanted the solo at Nationals. Her eye's found his; a look of determination on her face. "I'm tired of playing it safe. I'm just going to go for it."

"I think it's going to be amazing." Finn smirked. "Well, I think everything you do is amazing."

Lyric smiled, her cheeks flushing. "Well, if I have someone like you who believes me in, then I must be pretty good."

"Better," Finn smirked, eyeing her carefully. He glanced down the empty hall, pointing. "Well, I should get to class."

Lyric blinked, shaking her head. "Right, right. I'll, uh, see you in Glee club."