𝟷.𝟷𝟾: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚒𝚐 𝚄𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚢 (26)

-Narrator's perspective-

"I'm just surprised our brother isn't wearing his suit." Danielle said, looking down to Elijah who was assisting a possibly compelled construction worker.

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a blood three ring circus." Klaus pointed out while going down the stairs with Genevieve behind him in suit.

Upon finishing her morning bath, a sudden annoying voice errupted in their home. It deeply disturbed Danielle who had to exit her room in such an hour with damp hair. Only
to find her big brother, Elijah, renovating their home as it was.

Still, she kept her complaints and jumped over the ledge and landed on her feet perfectly. She walked towards her brother who was practically fighting like dogs.

"I agree with your brother." The witch spoke up and Klaus sighed. "It's a new Era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover." She added morally so.

"Careful, Elijah." The male hybrid said and pulled him over to where their sister was standing quietly. "When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sigm she wants something." He gestured to the witch and greeted his sister a goodmorning.

"Actually... I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change." She spoke directly to Elijah.

All in while the original vampire and witch talked, Klaus poured his morning alcohol and offered one to Danielle who gladly took it with ease.

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" He questioned, thinking about it clearly.

"The Fete des Benedictions." She said and it made both of the hybrids chuckle while Elijah smiled in amusement to them. "Feast of the blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society."

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment. And you would like a party for the witches."

At this point, Klaus laughs while drinking his glass besides Danielle who held an amused smile.

"I made my amends with your brother. Your sister is a learning process. Why don't you think it over?" She suggested and walked the other direction to leave the compound.

"Don't be such a stiff, Elijah. The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement solidarity than a show of faith toward a onetime enemy?" He waked towards him.

"A onetime enemy with whom you've grown rather nauseatingly intimate." Elijah pointed out and looked at his brother who got to his face.

"Who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?"

Elijah hummed blankly. "One would think you'd be a little more interested in attending to the needs of the mother of your child."

"So she's the reason behind this oh so thoughtful renovation." He pointed around and Danielle held in a frustrating sigh to escape her lips. "Elijah, the truth is the mother of my child is werewolf royalty. She's far safer in the bayou with her pack than she would ever be here with us. Don't worry. I'll being her home before the birth. No child of mine will be born in a swamp." He said whilst walking away without a hitch.