𝟸.𝟷𝟶: 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚐 𝙾𝚗 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎 (50)

-Narrator's perspective-

"You saw Ansel's memories, Nik." Danielle said while sitting on the porch. "He, himself, saw the Alpha wedding ritual. It will work and we'll have Hope back." She, with ease, said and tossed the ring upwards and it fell back on the palm of her hand.

"Are we certain? Hayley is a hybrid. Part vampire and there is a chance it would not." He started.

Truth be told, he had sensed the new amount of pain lingering on his sister's eyes. It's gotten bad that when he first saw her this morning, she couldn't look at him with a straight look. It's like she has a new personality, covered with many unreadable expressions.

"A hybrid, Nik." She reminded him in a blank tone. "Her werewolf side would only gain her pack. They would not be beholden by the full moon every month, their venom is toxic to vampires."

"But to trust Jackson?" Klaus asked one more time. He always is paranoid and he had the right to be since it's his daughter they were talking about.

"Hayley trusts him. But there is no way in hell will Jackson learn the truth about Hope. If the word gets to Finn-"

"-I agree. This wedding will happen but Jackson will not learn the truth of my daughter." He interrupted in eagerness. "I cannot bloody stand that pack."

Even with the times that Hayley says that he trusts the werewolf, there was no questions asked that the Mikaelsons doesn't so as well. Trust is to be earned and sometimes it won't work.

"Unless..." He started again and Danielle looked at him in question. "You marry Hayley."

"What? Nik, no." She quickly exclaimed. For the first, she got surprised by such words. The thought never crossed her mind since... well, since nothing. Danielle was too occupied on settling with the fact that the girl she admires was getting married.

"Think about it, our father is part of the North East Atlantic Pack. One of the seven royal packs-" Before he could go further, Danielle stood up, clearly frustrated.

"-It's an Alpha bonding ritual. Last I check, I'm no alpha." She pointed out, wearing her ring in quick movements. Even thinking about her getting married was making her feel dizzy. It even grew the unspoken pain inside her chest further. "Our father was the leader, yes, and when he died, you'd inherit that crown."

To Klaus, it was just him being stubborn. It was like killing two birds with one stone and a perfect idea. "By the power invested in me, I pronounce you the leader of our pack, blah blah." He waved his hand and Danielle looked at him with her arms crossed. "I know that you like Hayley, sister. In fact, you don't even bother and deny it."

"Keep your voice down." Danielle sharply whispered in warning, walking slightly away from the house with her brother following her tail.

"My point exactly." He said in victory. "Sister, there is no one I would trust to keep my daughter safe than my own blood. I'm not blind- I see you standing here in front of me and you don't look the same-"

"-Nik, stop. We don't need to establish that I'm a mess." She said finally and he closed his mouth shut upon the seriousness of her tone. "Yes, I do like Hayley. But I don't have tons of werewolves in my beck and call. Jackson does. No werewolf will listen to a hybrid, let alone one of the originals. Don't even get me started on what my name is. I'm a Mikaelson. We'd have much more chance to bring Hope home if Hayley marries Jackson."