𝟷.𝟿: 𝚁𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙸𝚗 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 (11)

-Narrator's perspective-

The sound of a fork clicking on a glass echoed beyond the walls of the compound. Klaus has yet to propose a toast, conducting each and everyone's attention to him.

It made Danielle look over on the opposite of the long table, her brother on the head of the table. On her right was Hayley who stopped eating and just listened to Klaus.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift, immortality. After 1,000 years, one might expect for life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows to diminish with time. But as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." He made a sign for the humans who were compelled, bringing them forward to each vampire's sides.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain." Klaus added. The humans slit there wrists, both of them and poured the blood on a cup situated for all of them, except Hayley's. "Our victories, and our defeats. To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow." He held the glass of champagne up.

Marcel took his, bringing it up as well. "And the party never end." He looked around, catching everyone's eyes.

"To New Orleans." They all said in unison except for Danielle and Hayley who could give a crap about the toast.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No. My intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took..." He gestured to the man besides him, holding his shoulder. "...And built into this; a true community of vampires."

"What about her, the wolf?" Diego pointed to the werewolf who was simply listening.

The sudden spotlight shined on Hayley made Danielle's skin itch. She held in the urge to snap his neck for talking ill about the Marshall.

"Had you let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, ofcourse, one further matter I would like to address." He started, walking over Hayley who looked at him with a blank look. "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. Howecery, I understand that some of you concerned by this vicious rumor... That I intend to use the blood of our child to create Hybrids. I assure you, I do not."

For Klaus holding her shoulder, Hayley snarked. "Father of the year." She said causing Klaus to immediate the urge to roll his eyes whilst Danielle clenched her jaw tight to keep her lips from smiling.

"It appears I will have to earn your trust." Klaus ignored the girl's comment and walked back to his chair. "Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the bayou to turn?"

That was when Hayley snapped her focus to him entirely. "What? Klaus, no."

"So eat, drink, and be merry." Klaus ignored her comment and the gaze of his sister burning on his head. "And tomorrow I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead. Have fun. Kill them all."

As he did finish, Danielle stood up, earning everyone's attention. "Niklaus. A word." She coldly said before speeding off the table to a much more farther distance so they can talk privately.