𝟻.𝟼: 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚕, 𝙸, 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎, 𝙻𝚎𝚏𝚝? (𝟷𝟹𝟻)

-Narrator's perspective-

Roman didn't say anything after that conversation anymore and focused more on trying to call her mother but ended up going on voicemail. Which he did many many "Call me back" before trying to ring again but to no avail. "She's not answering."

"Maybe Greta didn't recognize the number as your burner phone." Hope rolled her eyes, sitting on the cold ground after that they have been held there for hours now. She wondered if her dad was worry about her...

"You do the math, Roman. Why else would she send you to the middle of nowhere?" Hayley said impatiently. "If she really wanted Hope just to do the binding spell, she would have kept you in Mystic Falls, or sent you to New Orleans."

"I trust her, okay?" He whispers at them before continuing on moving back and forth, pacing uncontrollably in the room.

"Yeah, that's what she's counting on." She fires again, hopefully her words would change Roman's mind.

"She's not how you think!" He yells, breathing heavily. "When I was a kid, werewolves literally tore my family apart. And they left me for dead. Greta saved me. She treated me like a son. She gave me a new family. Until your Father and Aunt showed up and killed mine." He spat towards Hope who glared at him for bringing them up. "Because of them, I spent 50 years desiccated in a cave. But the whole time, Greta never stopped looking for me. She never gave up. She's a good mother."

Hayley shakes her head sympathetically towards him. "No, Roman. She's not a mother. She expects things from you no mother ever should. A mother who really loved her son wouldn't use him as a soldier. Don't you see? She... had trained you to become a terrorist."

"Just shut up, okay?! She just wants us to live seperately, in- in peace." He said, doubting his mom inside him but desperately pushed away the thoughts. Roman was at lost and didn't know what to do, convincing himself that he trusts her mother.

"Until everyone she doesn't consider 'pure' is annihilated. She wants us dead. You know I'm right." Hayley leans forward, looking ay him properly when Roman kept pacing nervously and was getting antsy.

"She would never do that."

"And you're so sure. You're so sure that you're willing to risk our lives on it, to risk Hope's." Hayley looks to her side, needing a bit more time to convince Roman who looked like he was going to break any moment now when he looked at Hope.

Hope stands up, "You have to let us go." She says and Roman looks between them, breathing through his mouth and was pressured deeply.

"I got to make a phone call, okay?" He turns around and exited the house, breathing shakily as his hands was as well violently. He didn't know what to do and it upsetted him when Greta won't answer his calls.

When he was gone, Hope was trying to help her mom let free of the chains bounding her. "Keep trying, You can do it." Hayley said in support but she could sense her frustration.

"God, this is impossible!" She said, giving up and exhaled deeply. Hope looks up, couldn't keep in her emotions. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry for all of this."

"It's not your fault. Hope, this... this is all Greta" Hayley assures, not wanting her to blame herself in case something happens. Hope looks like she was drowning in guilt, thinking she was one to blame but Hayley will never blame her for anything in her life.