𝟺.𝟽: 𝙷𝚒𝚐𝚑 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙰 𝙳𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕'𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛 (𝟷𝟷𝟺)

-Narrator's perspective-

Danielle flips through a number of photographs, seeing Hayley as a child was an adorable picture with her parents as well. It was a family shoot when Hayley was a baby. They found the photographs in the old garage which the Marshall found that belonged to her deceased parents.

It was already dark outside and the three hybrid spent their time fixing stuff which was meant to stay untouched and unbothered. Some of it donated, per Hayley's request of it not being wasted.

"Elijah isn't answering his phone." Hayley sighs, coming in the study and saw Danielle looking at the pictures. "Neither is Addy."

"I'll try Freya. Here." Danielle says grabbing her phone from the table and handing the photographs back to Hayley. She dials her sister's number and waited for her to pick up.

"We should take more family pictures." Hayley suggests optimistically to the two Mikaelsons who were against it. She imagined Danielle looking good even if it was a bad take of a picture.

"There is a reason vampires avoid photographs." Klaus partakes, glancing at his sister who got antsy on why Freya wasn't answering the call right away.

"Well, not everyone in this family is immortal anymore." She reminds the two of them.

"Freya being one of them. She didn't answer as well." Danielle informs, texting her sister just in case she saw the message. Telling her to call her back, emergency.

"I'm sure they're fine. They're just busy. Addy's helping Freya with whatever it is they're doing nowadays." Honestly, neither of them knew exactly what it was that Freya was doing, so does Elijah. They were stuck in the Compound, cleaning things and trying to destroy a jawbone.

"Hold on." Danielle speaks up, excusing herself outside to do something other than to hear her brother's excuses on needed to be outside. She felt it coming.

"You know, this is a fool's errand. We're not gonna accomplish anything in this mess. I should be out there-" Klaus complains, gesturing to the mess in the middle of the room that they made.

"-Dodging an evil ghost who wants you dead? No. You're safe here. Both of you are." Hayley argues, thinking about Hope who would be devastated if she finds out her father and favourite aunt suddenly died because of an ancient witch that won't stay dead.

"Safe and entirely ineffective."

"Your daughter needs you."

Danielle overheard the argument, didn't know if she should interrupt and stop them before things gets out of hand. She didn't and tried Freya's cell again.

"My daughter needs the Hollow to be purged from this earth." Klaus unknowingly raised his voice, a bad habit that he wished to get rid of especially now that Hope is back in his life.

"Why are you yelling at me? I'm on your side." Hayley tries to calm him down, even just for a little bit in case Hope overhears their conversation.

"'Cause I can't be trapped here!" He shouts, stopped talking as he realized that he crossed the line.

"You're not in a dungeon anymore. It's okay." She softens her voice. If this was them 6 years ago, Hayley would continue on arguing with Klaus but that wasn't the case. They've matured, their daughter is here... A lot has happened that changed them for the better.