𝟷.𝟹: 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚄𝚙 𝙸𝚗 𝙱𝚕𝚞𝚎 (3)

-Narrator's perspective-

"I cannot believe you disposed those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Rebekah slightly complained as just her sister walked in the room with a blood bag to drink for herself.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus remarked behind her. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless, pregnant girl who's carrying my child."

Danielle could just as feel her eye roll about to be done.

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duty towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." The original remarked, and it only made Nik chuckle.

Soon after, the three siblings eyes shot up to the door when the said werewolf came in the room.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." She said, no doubt hearing every word that was exchanged in there.

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean, love. My plan for global domination, Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world or Danielle's plan to drink every tourist's blood dry and leave them in Marcel's footsteps." Klaus said nonchalantly.

Danielle mostly shrugged, knowing he was right, but Rebekah had quite the temper seeing as she threw a pencil in his way, Klaus catching it smoothly.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back." She sarcastically hinted towards Klaus, who didn't faze.

"In the front, if we're being specific." He said.

"You three said that you would get him back. So, is there a plan, or what?" She asked, looking over the three originals, who shared a knowing look to one another.

"Okay." Klaus sighed, gesturing for them to follow as he just sat down on a chair, his feet up. "Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy. He's my friend, albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly, sister, please." He looked over the blonde, gesturing to continue.

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." She explained.

However, Hayley looked towards Danielle who had just throw away her drink to catch her reaction.

"That's not the whole plan, is it?" She asked directly to the brunette.

"Nik, as you may know, always has a few tricks up his sleeve." She said, looking over her brother, who had a grin on his face.

"That's only Plan A, Love. There's always a plan B." He added, hands clasped together.

"And what's plan B?" Though she didn't have to ask, knowing exactly what the answer will be.

"War."

When Klaus left to 'kindly' ask Marcel for Elijah back, Danielle was just in the house, mostly to make sure a certain werewolf won't go and hurt herself.

Mostly that Klaus requested for her to stay in the mansion while Rebekah went ahead and attacked a few witches. Though she wasn't out of the loop, Klaus called her to say that Marcel won't give up Elijah, Thierry had some sort of love with a witch that solded Hayley out.

As much as she wanted to go and kill the said witch, Klaus was there to stop her as she was on her way for murder. Now she had to deal with her siblings and Sophie, who's in their living room conducting a plan.

"It's very simple. We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother." Rebekah urged, walking left and right in front of the witch.

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed." She reminded, time and time again.

"Lucky for you, I don't follow orders from my brother, so I won't hesitate to kill 5 or 6 witches if you won't do the locator spell to find my brother." Danielle threatened, the witch shifted on her seat uncomfortably.

"My sister can be as awful as I am as well. About that, it seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal. Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic." He sat down on the chair, opposite of where Rebekah is, while Danielle was standing and leaning her weight on the chair where Klaus sat.

"Girl about yay high-" Rebekah measured the height with her hand. "-Cute as a button, anger issues." She hinted.

The not so detailed description made Sophie widen her eyes of it. "Davina?" She asked, and the siblings looked at her. "Where have you seen her?"

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah snarked in slight anger.

"Let me cut to the chase. Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic, and before you say no, I have a perfectly good sister who is more than willing to go on a stroll in the cemetery." He said, gesturing to Danielle.

"Davina would sense it." She argued, speaking towards her logic.

"Unless, of course, another witch, say, a traitor to the cause, Katie, for example, was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time. That would create a smokescreen concealing your very small spell from Davina." Rebekah explained, leaning towards.

Sophie shook her head, looking at Klaus. "Katie doesn't deserve to die."

That was when Klaus slammed his hands on the coffee table and stood up. "Sophie Deveraux..." He sat in front of her. "You're in no position to be so principled. You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic. Who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?"

"She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down to Mississippi." She informed, just realizing that there could only be one person that sold her sister out.

"And who, pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?" He asked, knowing exactly who this is.

"Katie's boyfriend, Thierry."

"Is that Elijah's Journal you're reading?" The sudden appearance of herself made Hayley flinch and looked up, relaxed when it was only her.

"You scared me." She said breathless, closing the book, and looked at Danielle. "I thought Klaus and Rebekah already left for that stupid ball."

Danielle hummed, walking to an earshot. "I'm here, as Nik would say, to company you. Though reading Elijah's darkest secrets will surely keep you entertained." She pointed at the leather covered book that was on Hayley's lap.

"It's all about the past- useless, really." She assured, but both knew that Hayley's lying. "I haven't read a single thing about you in here. Or anywhere for that matter."

"My brother had a millennial to do so, but I'd rather you not hear who I was from him. I was kind of worse than my siblings." She confessed, confused by how Hayley reacted.

"I'm sure you're not worse than Klaus."

Danielle laughed softly, knowing that she was somewhat right and wrong at the same time. Her laugh made Hayley smile.

The door from downstairs opened, making the original hybrid turn her head and used her hearing to find out who it was. Unlikely that it could be her siblings because they just left half an hour ago.

"Stay here." Danielle said before speeding off and didn't see how Hayley wanted to come. Though it didn't stop the werewolf from following her downstairs in curiosity.

As the hybrid saw an unfamiliar face, she was too quick to pin the witch to the door by her neck.

"Forgive me- I don't recall inviting anyone here." She said, still having her right hand curled up to Sabine, who was struggling under her touch.

"So-Sophie..." Sabine muttered, looking down at the original, who loosened her grip but still kept her against the wall.

"And what of the witch?"

Fast footsteps occurred behind the lethal vampire, who looked as if she didn't want to let go of the witch. "Danielle- what's going on?" She asked, jogging her way besides her. "Please let her go."

It only took that much of words from Hayley that Danielle let go of her, causing the witch to get into fits of coughs and fell on the ground.

Still, the Original Hybrid was still cautious and had pulled the werewolf behind her. "I suggest you start talking before I do something worse."

As the witch explained about accompany Hayley, then finding out that the baby had the possibility of it being a girl. Something happened when Sabine had counteract of Hayley's baby, something that the original hybrid didn't know but wouldn't push past it.

Now that Danielle found out that her brother will come back home, thanks to Nik, she went ahead to find the little wolf who seemingly enough caught her attention and protection.

"Hey, Klaus just told me Elijah's coming back." Hayley said as she sensed the Mikaelson hybrid coming her way.

"I'm sure you're ecstatic to hear that." She countered and walked close to the girl who was typing on a laptop. "I'm also sure that you're happy to know that my niece will be soon making her reign."

The words made Hayley softly smile. "I don't think a girl is too handful. Who knows what would happen if we have another Klaus."

Danielle chuckled, shaking her head. "I know Elijah gave you his word about protecting you and the baby, Just want to be clear that he and I have the same goal." She said, not missing how Hayley stared at her for too little too long. "You should sleep. Long day earlier." That was when Danielle turned around and left.

Though Danielle has never cared for anyone other than her family, she felt a part of her to want to protect the werewolf. There was no doubt that it concerned her, which is why she managed to convince herself it would be a bad idea for them to get close.

This time, she wished that Hayley would stop looking at her like she had something to accomplish by gaining her trust. There was no need to even try, Danielle trusted her even though they met, like, a few days ago.

It frightened the original female hybrid that she cared for a werewolf.