𝟹.𝟽: 𝙾𝚞𝚝 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚢 (78)

-Danielle's perspective-

You know, there was also a time when my family was happy. When I was slowly staring to realize that I had an innocent crush on one of the girls near my home. Such as my brothers were fighting- but barely- with each other. It was mostly playful and physical but we all knew it was all fun and games. When Mikael himself had let us run free and do what we wish with Esther besides him. Being one of two sisters in the family was exhausting. Me and Rebekah were always getting picked at by the younger one's- Henrik and Kol- while the older ones were pledging on our behalf- Elijah and Niklaus-

All in while Finn had remained the doting older sibling out of all of us and just observed us. I couldn't quite understand why he was so uptight when we were children, now I know. His favoured sibling was ripped away from him and he only saw his youngest siblings as annoying. Most of us are but that wasn't the point. In time and time again, I wanted to go back to those moments in my immortal life. Even with a mentally and physically abusive father, We were family.

But when I think of Hayley, there is no one I'd rather spend an eternity with but her. Even when she tells me that she's in love with Jackson, I can't help but see the hesitation in her eyes. The uncertainty and I've been alive for 10 centuries to know that she was lying. But why was she? Never mind that, I don't care at all. As long as she's safe, she can lie to me all she wants. She can physically rip my heart out from my chest and there will no be grudges held against.

"We're welcoming our enemies to the dinner table now?" Freya asked as soon as she and me arrived to see the table full. "Convenient, given they are the one's who has the answers I want." She looked over to Aurora and Estella in a threatening motion.

I took the table cloth near Klaus and they all eyed me suspiciously over my bloody hand. "For Heaven's sake." Aurora spoke up, not liking how Freya looked at her which caused me to roll my eyes. "Now I have to deal with the long-lost sister? Nik, please spare me your family's rage and paranoia. It is exactly this kind of lunacy which led me to steal Rebekah in the first place."

"What have you done to her?" I've had enough of this day. All I want to do is rush to the apartment across the street to check if Hayley was all right but I was pulled by my loving sister to here instead.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but this prophecy has you all acting as fools. And I've no intention of risking my life to foolishness." She answered and looked at me directly. "Now, I can't trust Rebekah with any of you, and I certainly can't trust the silly dear to endure on her own, so I decided to put her someplace safe. Imagine a spot where no harm could come to her. Where in fact, no one could possibly even track her down. Yes, rest assured. Rebekah is perfectly fine. At the bottom of the ocean."

By this and this only, I placed the blood coated cloth on the table forcefully, looking down to try and steer my head in place. That wasn't until Nik spoke besides me, "You're bluffing. Tell me you're bluffing."

"What, you should all be thanking me!" She argued but the glare I had set on her says otherwise. "Rebekah's never been safer. She has plenty of company down there. There's all the little crabs and-" The fact she even dared to imitate a crab amused me.

All I could hear was a hand slamming on the table in anger and Klaus stood up. Until my eyes landed on Tristan speeding towards Freya with a knife against her neck. "Harm my sister and I'll be forced to return the favor." He warned.

I sped behind him, grabbing the knife in his hand and stabbing him in the neck making him gag on his own blood. "Touch my sister again. I dare you." I whispered, not caring for whatever glare that Aurora had on me.