𝟺.𝟹: 𝙷𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚏 𝚁𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚜 (𝟷𝟶𝟾)

-Narrator's perspective-

When the Mikaelsons had arrived in a safe home miles away from New Orleans, they were finally free from the deception of Marcel Gerard. All of them were eager to meet their little niece, especially Klaus who was nervous. He didn't know how to approach to his daughter, let alone have a conversation with her. Anyone with a decent vision could see that.

It's already morning and the family were gathered outside the porch, except Hayley and Hope who was getting ready inside the house. "What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez?" Kol complained when his siblings were not packing their things to leave the country. He grabbed the newspaper in Elijah's hands, "You can catch up on the last five years why we're on our way- I assure you, you haven't missed much."

"Circumstances have changed. We will leave here soon enough." Elijah said, ignoring how Kol deliberately snatched the newspaper in his hands. He was pretty much used to Kol's rudeness behavior. Danielle stayed silent, standing on her feet while staring at the sight in front of the house in her own mind.

"We have a niece to consider." Rebekah reminded them which made Kol shake his head in disappointment, drinking his alcohol.

"Kol has a point. We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible." Freya conducted a suggestion, standing up and passing a glass to her sister Danielle who seemed about to not listen to the conversation. Which she hasn't since she had her mind elsewhere.

"We're not going anywhere today. I want one day of peace with my daughter before we uproot her." Klaus announced, saying as if they had no choice but to comply to his demands.

"Any delay is a risk." said Freya who didn't want to experience the trauma of saving her siblings once again just because of this.

"One day." He finalized, looking at them. "We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked, we weren't followed, and I'm not asking!"

Before another useless banter between the family could begin, the door opened near them and Hayley and Hope exited the house. The little girl seemed to have just woken up and the Originals focused on her since the last time they saw her, she was but a baby. Klaus couldn't say a thing, speechless as he saw his daughter all grown up without him having a hand to help her do so.

When Hope walked out to see her family, she was shy and didn't know what to say. Since she could remember, her mom would tell her stories about her dad and his siblings. That was pretty much it and she wanted to see them in person and here they were but didn't know exactly what to do or say.

"Everybody, look who's awake." Hayley said, catching their attention. Danielle stood up like the rest of her siblings, equally as proud to see her grew up well.

"Hello." Hope greeted them, avoiding everyone's eyes that was all on her. To her, she didn't know what the fuss was all about but to the siblings, well, it was a special moment. Klaus greeted her with the same word, voice much more gentle since he didn't want to scare Hope. "Mom, can I go play in the garden?" She asked politely.

"Yeah. Sure." Hayley said before they watch Hope walk past her dad in a hurry, preferably about to play in the garden by herself. Danielle's gaze followed the little girl, couldn't help but notice the similarities between her and Hayley. The last thing she remembered of her niece was how she resembled Niklaus and now that she's grown, she looks more like her mother. Which grew a smile on her face.