𝟷.𝟷𝟿: 𝙰𝚗 𝚄𝚗𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 (27)

-Narrator's perspective-

To her dismay of wanting to have a quiet morning, it was ruined by her brother who was trashing the lounge's bookshelf upside down.

Besides her was Elijah who was calmer than usual and drinking his cup of tea. "Can we help you find something?" He asked in amusement.

All in while Klaus was still pulling books out of shelves and it was clattering all over the floor behind him. "Yes. In fact, I believe you can. I'm looking for a book, abou yea big, filled with our mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced."

"How very mysterious." The Original Vampire said blankly while looking at his desk, pulling out a pen and paper.

"Indeed. At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it. But considering their last attempt ended with me relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home." When Klaus looked at him, he merely just reciprocated the stare and looked back on the paper. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be, brother."

In a simple action, Elijah looked up while flipping the pen on his hand. "Well, admittedly, I did have a theory then your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the Crescent wolves." His words made Danielle look at Klaus in a deep resentment for keeping something this large. "Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty little fingers could not pry. I, as well, told out beloved sister where, but it's not like she will tell you because you kept a rather large secret from her."

"And here I thought you, of all people, would understand, I am simply trying to help those wolves." He informed and almost lost his balance when Danielle rolled her eyes. "Play Samaritan to the abused, champion to the underdog, so to speak."

"How splendidly noble of you." Elijah snarked in a smile.

"Have you ever considered that, like you two, I am trying to keep Hayley safe, using our mother's magic to empower her people so they are capable of protecting her?" He asked, pointing to his two siblings.

"Yes, unless, ofcourse, they decide to seek retribution for decades held in exile. And Hayley will find herself in the middle of an uprising. One that will only provoke further violence. You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, brother. I won't let that happen."

"The drums of war were beating long before we returned." Klaus informed, reminded. "I suggest you use a little less of this and a little more of these." He first gestured to yapping and the second one on listening.

Humming in annoyance, Danielle left the room over her brothers argument. Mostly she was more absurdly mad at how her brother didn't tell her of this. She's handling it by heart at all since Nik and her promised that no more secrets.

To get back, or try to get back to her brother, She forced herself to go to the bayou to try and convince the wolves to stop making deals with Klaus.

She walked up the shed, stopping just outside the door when she isn't invited in. "Sorry for intruding." Danielle started and looked to her brother who walked besides her.

"We wonder if we might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising." He started and Hayley frowned at them while sitting on the floor, her knees close to her.