𝟷.𝟷𝟻: 𝙻𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙶𝚞𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚕 (21)

-Narrator's perspective-

In a small gasp escaped her lips, Danielle sat up in confusion as she was in her room when she woke. She stood up using her speed then ran outside to the middle of the compound. Her ears desperately searched for Klaus' voice but nothing of the sort came to her way.

That was until she heard shuddering breathings making her speed to Nik's room, seeing Elijah turn around and looked at her way. She didn't notice of Camille's presence that was here, looking at her as well.

"You..." Danielle couldn't even form words while she just walked intimidatingly towards her vampire brother.

"Hayley's missing." He informed quickly before the hybrid could even hurt him. "I need your help."

With much anger and blind of worry for Hayley, she sped to Elijah and threw him against the wall. "You torture our brother with the blade and yet, I hear you asking for help?" She growled, eyes turning gold in anger.

"Sister please." He groaned out and stood up. "Hayley is no where to be found. I need the help I can get." He said, pulling his sleeve up to get ready and take the blade of his brother.

"Take that wretched blade off Nik. I'll help you find Hayley." She said, stepping back and looked to the bed where her brother laid unconscious and sweating.

Elijah didn't say a word and walked besides the male hybrid, ready to take it away as he planned to and told to do.

"Why am I here?" Camille asked in curiosity when she was told to step back.

"Yes, why is she here?" The female Mikaelson asked with her arms crossed. She stood on the opposite side of where Elijah was, worried still.

"Because of all the people that could be here. You're probably the only one he wouldn't immediately slaughter." He explained and took a sharp breath before stabbing Klaus' wound back open. The hybrid groaned of the pain unknowingly.

"Also, he speaks of you with..." He stopped again and plunged his hand inside of Klaus' stomach to find the blade. "...With a rare degree, for him at least, of respect. You see, you challenge him to see himself and others in a new light." He finally grabbed the blade and pullied it off of Klaus with much force.

That was when Klaus shot his head forward, still groaning and Camille gasped in shock of what she just saw.

"A wonderful skill that I shall be counting on very shortly." Elijah added and placed the blade on the edge of a bowl near him. He took a cloth and cleaned his hand. "You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So watch over him and feed him if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist."

"What are you playing at, Elijah?" Danielle asked in a suspicious tone of her brother's antics.

"Don't you guys have bags of blood in storage?" The human asked in slight fear of what might happen to her if she lets Klaus feed on her.

"We do, but your blood is laced with vervain. So it will burn him. He'll ingest it slower. Perhaps, you could use the time constructively, persuade him not to murder his baby sister." He informed quickly and out away the bloody mess.

Camille had her mouth slight open in shock of everything she just heard just now.

"Niklaus." Elijah started and leaned down to the man. "It was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt Rebekah. Now, I fear Sabine may be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and to end this." He pushed back and about to leave.