𝟸.𝟿: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚙 𝙾𝚏 𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 (49)

-Narrator's perspective-

The very first thing that Klaus did was to have the moment with his child. He cannot describe the feeling of a father who gets to hold one's child like what he did earlier. After that fatherly effect, He wanted- no, he needed to apologize to a certain person. It must be the last thing in his head right now but he can't shake the feeling of knowing that his sister is still upset with him.

Unexpected for him, Danielle agreed to talk so there they were, walking in the free spaced landscape near the house. It was comfortable silence at first until they stopped walking, sun under their small figures.

"I never wanted to kill Ansel." He confessed truthfully and the girl looked at him in a blank expression. "I wanted to protect Hope from our mother. I would do anything for her."

Nodding as a response, Danielle understood. It took her, what, like, three days to cool off? It's the longest record she could ever muster up on not forgiving Klaus. "I would always forgive you remember? But you knew that he wouldn't do anything to harm Hope. He would have helped us."

"I couldn't take that chance, sister." Klaus whispered in a defeated tone. "But I'm glad that you gave him a proper funeral. It's the least we could do."

"The time he let me inside his head, I saw everything." She immediately said and saw how Klaus' guilt run deep. "I even felt the joy he held when Mother told him of her pregnancy towards you."

"I want to know." He blurted out in quick movements. At first, Danielle looked taken aback by his sudden needs. "I was quite resistant but... I want to know."

Back in the house, Rebekah looked towards Elijah who was also listening. They both looked back to their siblings, wondering what will happen next. Privacy is not always obligated to the Mikaelsons. There was also Hayley who tended to her child while listening to the original hybrids. She can't just turn off her vampire hearings anyways.

In slight movements, Danielle brought up her hand and held her brother's shoulder. It's been years has she seen her brother open up his mind freely. Mostly it was for his own need for power but now, he needed some kind of closure and this was the only thing he could have. Deep down, he was thankful for her that she managed to obtain a part of their biological father.

For the good of his soul, Klaus had his eyes closed while he was shown many events that his father experience. There were many sufferings because of the turn every full moon but there was also many happy memories. Although he wouldn't call Ansel being in love with Esther a happy one but as he saw, it all looked surreal. Every single piece of memory has now been imprinted in his head and had no chance to be forgotten.

As soon as it was finished, Danielle fluttered her eyes open and realized the few tears that managed to slip out her eyes. She didn't take it into account and just looked at her brother sympathetically, whom of which looked so guilty for killing their father.

Witnessing it, the original vampires and hybrid felt awfully bad for the two who was a few distance away from them.

"Curse on the firstborn? What the hell is that supposed to be?" Rebekah questioned with her eyes in a squint while placing the last wooden stick on the bonfire.

"According to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our Aunt Dahlia who then cursed all Mikaelson firstborns for eternity." Klaus explained further more.